Join Tubi, a premium streaming service leading the charge in making entertainment accessible to all. With thousands of movies and TV shows from studios like Paramount, Lionsgate, and MGM, we provide the largest catalog to millions of viewers, all for free. We are committed to building a workforce that reflects our globally diverse audience. We’re looking for great people who are creative thinkers, self-motivators and impact-makers with a passion to help us shape the future of TV. Tubi is a subsidiary of Fox Corporation's Entertainment division.
About the Role:
We are looking to add an Associate General Counsel to our growing legal team. You will play a key role in structuring, drafting, and negotiating a variety of licensing and other commercial agreements for content acquisition (for all manner of rights, licenses and deal structures), including how our content business intersects with marketing, sales, and other key business operations. You will be working with your fellow legal colleagues and many teams across the organization, and will have a direct impact on our service as we continue to grow our library and expand our reach internationally.
You are an energetic team player, well-seasoned within your career, who is able to provide counseling on a wide range of legal and business issues and translating business needs into key legal protections. You should preferably have experience working in an in-house environment tracking closely with business leads, with experience in how digital rights licensing works across multi-platform delivery. The Tubi Legal Department is fast-paced, challenging, collaborative, and strives to be an excellent partner to our fellow Tubies. This is a great opportunity for a dynamic lawyer who has a passion for helping scale and shape commercial contracting processes and policies, training fellow Tubies to accomplish the same, and impacting the reach and scale of our product and service.
This position is for either our San Francisco or Los Angeles office.
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating content acquisition deals, with a deep understanding of multi-platform digital rights licensing, including drafting/negotiating across all rights and fees structures, and experience negotiating DRM/content protection and other IP-related needs.
- Experience in effectively negotiating against both larger studios and indie licensors, and the ability to evolve and grow business relationships with valued content partners.
- Working with colleagues to establish best practices and templates for use in all content and general commercial matters and identify practical business solutions for driving contracts to close in a manner that balances meeting business objectives and mitigating risk.
- Developing and providing training to internal clients on the content of and compliance with the Tubi's agreements and policies.
- Assisting other legal team members with overflow work and counseling clients as needed.
- Digital content acquisition or distribution experience with a studio or other digital media content provider, and/or digital content licensing experience for a direct-to-consumer streaming service, is preferred
- JD received from a ABA-accredited U.S. law school
- 10+ years legal experience required in content licensing, with experience in technology and commercial transactions
- 5+ years of in-house legal department experience
- An excellent negotiator with strong influencing skills, experienced at drafting complex content acquisition or distribution contracts
- Demonstrated ability to balance necessary legal protections with practical business needs
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex legal transactions and drive them to close amidst interdepartmental concerns
- Admission to the State Bar of California is preferred. Registered In-House Counsel is acceptable, provided the individual is licensed in at least one U.S. state
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with streaming, technology, and content protection issues
- Experience with multi-platform, direct-to-consumer application distribution
- Experience with digital media advertising and/or ad technology, and marketing, a plus
Tubi is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
Apply now - come work with us!