Join Tubi, a premium streaming service leading the charge in making entertainment accessible to all. With thousands of movies and TV shows from studios like Paramount, Lionsgate and MGM, we provide the largest catalog to millions of viewers, all for free. We are committed to building a workforce that reflects our globally diverse audience. We’re looking for great people who are creative thinkers, self-motivators and impact-makers with a passion to help us shape the future of TV.
About the Role:
The Director of Research will support the Sales and Marketing functions to identify key insights on Tubi’s audience and engagement in our platform to elevate and inspire advertisers, streamers and other key stakeholders in the streaming space. You will create the Research function to better serve our audience and advertiser experience influencing and collaborating on media planning/buying, growth efforts and market position.
We are open to this hire being located at one of our offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, or New York.
- Use 3rd party audience sets, especially Nielsen and internal data sets:
- (1) To show Tubi’s size relative to TV networks and other streaming services.
- (2) To garner interest by advertisers by providing insights on Tubi content verticals, platform types, and audiences related to a specific brand, category of brands, or behavioral/psychographic audience profile.
- (3) To use 3rd party attribution research to tell compelling advertising stories on Tubi and for streaming industry trends in general
- Segmentation analysis. The ability to identify and conduct cohort analysis for segmentation based on behaviors, attitudes, need states to better optimize our media efforts and market positioning across Marketing and Growth
- 10+ years in research, data science, ad sales research for a major TV network
- Knowledge of industry-accepted data sets: Familiarity working with TV/digital video-specific metrics— Nielsen audience, GRP/TRP, viewability, duration—as well as the most relevant data sets to the OTT landscape. Standard data sets include Nielsen and comScore/Rentrak; custom studies may include vendors such as SambaTV, TVSquared, LiveRamp/Data + Math, Vizio/Inscape, Millward Brown, IRI, EDO, Tru Optik, Cubiq, PlacedIQ, Factual.
- Storytelling with Data: Data alone can show us correlations. A Director of Research should suggest a hypothesis on the why in a way that advertisers and media buyers care—how that data point connects to a greater picture on human behavior that match with an advertiser’s own needs. The role requires expertise in using TV research to tell stories for the media buying community through PR, Marketing, and Sales efforts.
- Strong client-facing communication: Often the best research comes from case studies and existing work/implementations with clients. A Director of Research would be responsible for obtaining all information needed from the client, as well as securing their approval for publication/distribution.
- Deep understanding of market trends: while a data scientist can run a regression to tell you Audience A is more likely to watch Show B, a Director of Research should be able to tell you if anyone would care and in the language in which the message is best delivered.
- Building a case: While Marketing and Sales may provide a thesis (e.g. “Create a Tubi account,” or “Advertise on Tubi”), the Director of Research will be responsible for gathering and connecting the data/insights needed to lead the audience to that conclusion.
- Nice to have SQL and spreadsheet data manipulation skills; experience with data visualization tools.
- In addition to VC funding, Tubi TV generates healthy revenue
- We offer company equity, full medical, dental & vision benefits, parental leave, catered lunch and dinner, and gym subsidies
- We encourage internal growth for all Tubi employees
- 9-paid holidays in addition to flexible PTO
Tubi is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
Apply now - come work with with us!