Join Tubi, a premium streaming service leading the charge in making entertainment accessible to all. With thousands of movies and TV shows from studios like Paramount, Lionsgate and MGM, we provide the largest catalog to millions of viewers, all for free. We’re looking for great people who are creative thinkers, self-motivators and impact-makers with a passion to help us shape the future of TV.
About the role:
We are looking for a Lead Scala Engineer to work on building low-latency services to serve machine learning models, work on sophisticated algorithms for ad delivery pacing and forecasting, improve the way we deploy and operate our services and even contribute to open source projects. This role will also be expected to work closely with our engineering executives to set kpis, and lead the team strategizing and executing projects.
- The Lead Scala Engineer will set metrics and lead the growing backend engineering team
- Evolving the existing code and processes while working with the team on implementation of new features
- Work with the engineering and product leaders to set and accomplish team KPI's
- Work hands on with the was we deploy and operate our services
- Act as a liaison for communication between the various engineering teams to strategize the future of ad forecasting and pacing
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years of industry experience, 4+ of which with Scala
- Experience managing high preforming teams at a high level
- A very deep understanding of distributed systems and fluency working with Scala
- A passion for continuously shipping quality code with good test coverage
- Proven track record of architecting, building and operating scalable, fault-tolerant and highly-performant services
- Previous experience working with Akka and gRPC
- A tight-knit team of passionate people and a tech-first business
- Autonomy and end-to-end ownership
- In addition to VC funding, Tubi generates healthy revenue
- We offer very competitive pay, equity, full medical, dental & vision benefits, catered lunch and dinner, and gym subsidies
- Opportunity for internal growth
- Open PTO
*Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.