Join Tubi, the industry-leading and fastest-growing streaming service that is revolutionizing the future of TV! With over 8,500 active movies & TV shows, our users are watching millions of hours monthly from the world's largest free AVOD catalog. Backed by leading VC firms, and working with partners such as MGM, Paramount and Lionsgate, we are continuing to make entertainment accessible to all.
About the role:
We are looking for a Lead Scala Engineer to work on building low-latency services to serve machine learning models, work on sophisticated algorithms for ad delivery pacing and forecasting, improve the way we deploy and operate our services and even contribute to open source projects. This role will also be expected to work closely with our engineering executives to set kpis, and lead the team strategizing and executing projects.
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years of industry experience, 4+ of which with Scala
- Experience managing high preforming teams at a high level
- A very deep understanding of distributed systems and fluency working with Scala
- A passion for continuously shipping quality code with good test coverage
- Proven track record of architecting, building and operating scalable, fault-tolerant and highly-performant services
- Previous experience working with Akka and gRPC
- A tight-knit team of passionate people and a tech-first business
- Autonomy and end-to-end ownership
- In addition to VC funding, Tubi TV generates healthy revenue
- We offer very competitive pay, equity, full medical, dental & vision benefits, catered lunch and dinner, gym subsidies and your choice of hardware
- Work with other fellow AVOD enthusiasts
- Opportunity for internal growth
*Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.