Join Tubi and reinvent the way consumers consume movies and TV! With over 7,500 active movies & TV shows, our users are watching millions of hours of the world's largest free catalog of premium content per month. With backing from leading VC firms, and content partners like MGM, Paramount and Lionsgate, we are disrupting the streaming media space.
As a top ad-supported video on demand streaming service, Tubi takes pride in using technology to help audiences quickly and easily discover content they would enjoy. We leverage our in-house video transcoding infrastructure and API service mesh to deliver deeply personalized experiences to each and every one of our users.
About the role:
We are searching for a talented and passionate Platform Engineer with prior Elixir knowledge to join our team! In this role, you will work closely with product engineering teams to build flexible APIs that enable rapid iteration and experimentation of our end user experience. You will continue improving our horizontally scalable video transcoding infrastructure that can utilize thousands of CPU cores to quickly transcode petabytes of video content. You will also be part greenfield development to enable real-time video transcoding and packaging for our ad creatives.
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or related field
- 4 years of industry experience, 1+ of which with Elixir or Erlang
- Fluency with either of Elixir or Erlang.
- Very robust understanding of distributed systems engineering and experience with Erlang OTP
- Proven track record of architecting, building fault-tolerant, high-availability, scalable services.
- Experience with any of gRPC, Envoy, GraphQL a strong plus
What you’ll be doing:
- Build and maintain high-performance, fault-tolerant and horizontally scalable services
- Design and implement flexible yet straightforward APIs to be consumed by one of our 20+ platforms
- Improve the throughput, latency and reliability of our services
- Design and implement new systems to better serve the Tubi audience
- Continue to improve open source projects we sponsor, for example grpc-elixir
Why work here?
- A tight-knit team of passionate people and a tech-first business
- Autonomy and end-to-end ownership
- In addition to VC funding, Tubi TV generates healthy revenue
- We offer very competitive pay, equity, full medical, dental & vision benefits, catered lunch and dinner, gym subsidies and your choice of hardware
- Work with other fellow AVOD enthusiasts
- Opportunity for internal growth
*Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.