Hej, Truecaller is calling you from Stockholm, Sweden! Ready to pick up?
Truecaller transformed how we communicate when we launched in 2009 in Stockholm, Sweden.
Our mission is to build trust everywhere by making communication smarter, safer, and more efficient. We focus on bringing smart services with big social impacts, like protecting people from fraud, harassment, and scam calls or messages. We identify new numbers from anywhere in the world and build a space for trustworthy conversations, for those that matter. Truecaller is loved by over 280 million people around the world and is growing very rapidly across regions.
Who we are:
- The world’s #1 caller ID and spam blocking service for Android and iOS.
- A team of +200 people from ~35 different nationalities, spread across our headquarters in Stockholm and offices in Bangalore, Mumbai, Gurgaon, and Nairobi.
- Backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
The legal function plays a key role in the continued success of Truecaller and operates across a wide range of legal disciplines as well as jurisdictions. It works very closely with the management, product, business, engineering teams, and other functional teams to support Truecaller’s continued growth and upcoming IPO, while at the same time ensuring compliance with legal requirements and internal controls.
As a Group Privacy and Compliance Officer, you will be part of a global team managing all group’s legal issues in multiple jurisdictions mostly in emerging markets with a focus on data privacy and tech issues.
What do we expect from you:
- Strong academic credentials and a law degree from a top law school or university within the EU
- Specialized and hold 5 + years of experience working with data privacy
- Strong knowledge and skills in data protection and privacy laws both in Europe and internationally and also in commercial law with an emphasis on IT-related matters
- Extensive background from GDPR or similar legislation
- Experience working with data privacy in a law firm or a tech company
- Experience working in various jurisdictions
- A solution-oriented and proactive approach, excellent communication and organizational skills
- Fluent in English, written and orally
What will you work on:
As a part of the legal team, you will report to the General counsel. You will be a key person responsible for driving the group’s privacy and compliance agenda. You will work actively with stakeholders in the group to structure processes and policies to ensure compliance with applicable data privacy and other relevant legislation. You will be proactive and be an integral part of the business.
Life at Truecaller - Behind the code: https://www.instagram.com/lifeattruecaller/
Sounds like your dream job?
We will fill the position as soon as we find the right candidate, so please send your application as soon as possible. We are excited to hear from you, don’t hesitate to apply!
This position is based in Stockholm, Sweden. We provide full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance for eligible candidates.
We only accept applications in English.
What we offer
- An international team - ~35 nationalities are working together!
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance
- Learning & sharing environment
- Flexible working hours
- Exciting company parties & team activities – Running team, Geek lunch!
- Start the day with fresh fruit and cereals.
- Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee, and soft drinks
Truecaller is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity within the company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.