Process Design Manager - Warehouse Solutions
Trove Operations Team
About Trove Recommerce
Recognized by FastCo in 2022 as one of the World Changing Ideas Awards and in 2020 as one of the World's Most Innovative Companies, Trove powers resale as a channel for the world's most beloved brands, extending the life of millions of products and creating more inclusive, less wasteful business models. We power the technology, operations, and analytics enabling retailers to stand up a scalable and profitable branded recommerce channel.
Our end-to-end item intelligence optimizes every step of the circular journey and transforms complex logistics into a joyful customer experience, adding to brand equity without increasing carbon emissions. Building and implementing this technology can’t come soon enough, resale is growing at 5 times the rate of e-commerce and 21 times the rate of traditional retail **.
A certified B-Corp, we power in-store and online retail for leaders such as Patagonia, REI, Eileen Fisher, Arc’teryx, Lululemon, Levi’s, and Allbirds with the mission of accelerating the shift to a new era of conscious commerce essential to a sustainable future.
**Source: The Consumers Behind Fashion’s Growing Secondhand Market, BCG, 2020. Source: Trove Data
About the Process Design Manager - Warehouse Solutions role
In this position, you will design and develop supply chain and warehouse solutions in support of Trove’s brand partners. Working closely with our partnerships, operations and product teams, you will translate customer needs into operational processes. Your solutions will help inform the software roadmap for Trove’s operational systems, and you’ll work with operations leadership to bring those solutions to life. This role will report to the Director of Operations Process Improvement.
What You’ll Do
- You will design and develop supply chain and warehouse solutions for new or existing Brand partner relationships. You will need agility as you anticipate and translate customer needs into operational processes, offering perfect quality of service.
- You are an industrial engineer whose main objective is to develop innovative and realistic logistics solutions that meet the customer’s requirements in terms of cost and performance. These solutions comprise of warehouse layout, labor planning and material handling requirements, incl. automated material handling and robotics.
- You will audit the entire value chain and increase its efficiency by quickly and accurately proposing a solution as a response to client requirements. To achieve this, you will perform network analysis and design your solution using best-in-class tools.
- You must make sure to apply business rules, take any and all constraints from the operating business unit, operations and environment into account, and ensure consistency when it comes to all of Information Technology (IT) processes that form the solutions you elaborate. These issues are all important, from the design stage right through to implementation.
- You will work closely with sales teams to support them on technical aspects, and to take part in offer presentations. You will work in a consultant mode, managing projects – such as layout design or warehouse conception – on a global scale and with all departments. You will be an expert in time management, with excellent organizational skills, and the ability to motivate people and demonstrate persistence in every situation.
- You will possess exceptional communication, analytical and problem-solving skills, able to interpret and present complex information to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
Experience You Bring
- Minimum 3 years experience in warehousing, distribution, or 3PL industries
- Minimum 3 years experience managing systems and workflows for physical product
- CAD proficiency and/or experience designing warehouse solutions
- Understanding of warehouse management software and processes, including methods time measurements (MTM)
- Demonstrated experience of managing multiple, different work streams at once
- Strong relationship-building and communication skills; able to build trust with internal and external stakeholders
- Adaptable and able to adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Cope effectively with complexity and change
- Strong attention to detail, to ensure important details do not slip through the cracks
- Proactively surfaces and addresses issues and areas of potential risk
- Passionate about recommerce, reverse logistics and the circular economy.
Why Work Here?
- Flexible Workplace- Trove’s flexible schedule allows employees to take control over their schedule, which is invaluable when it comes to attending to the needs of personal and work life needs.
- Unlimited PTO -Our unlimited vacation company policy allows employees to take as much leave as they need. Employees need time to rest and enjoy themselves outside work. Putting a cap on this important time doesn’t help our effort to achieve high levels of employee satisfaction and productivity.
- 401K- Employees can set aside pre-tax dollars to invest in a qualified retirement investment plan with a company match.
- Medical- Trove covers 100% of employee monthly premium.
- Equity/Share Options - The longer the employee works, the more stocks become available to purchase.
- Learning Fund- Exempt employees have access to a pool of funds to support execution of their self-development goals and objectives.
- Partner Discounts- Enjoy eligibility for Pro Accounts and various partner discounts from Patagonia, Arcteryx and Eileen FIsher
- Mission Driven- Work alongside passionate people to build the leading recommerce infrastructure and the circular economy to help save the planet.
Trove is proud to be an equal opportunity company but we don’t want to stop there. We strive to be an anti-racist company and we believe that diversity and gender balance will help us reach our full potential. At Trove we are building a company where we are not only proud of our mission, but how we are pursuing it. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status and we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Trove requires all employees to provide proof of a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of their employment, subject to exemptions for sincerely held religious beliefs, or medical reasons.