About the role
We are seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated Senior Director/Director of Biochemistry to join our team. With a strong background in biochemistry assay development, implementation, and a track record of contributing to multidisciplinary drug discovery teams, this position will play a critical role in driving Treeline’s portfolio forward.
- Build and lead drug discovery cascades to support hit finding, hit-to-lead, and lead optimization campaigns.
- Propose and develop biochemical assays for compounds testing and mechanistic studies.
- Employ biochemical methods enabling mechanistic studies to determine the mode-of-inhibition for promising hits.
- In collaboration with chemistry, biology, structural biology, and medicine design, characterize and establish SAR to rapidly drive the hit-to-lead process
- Build and lead a team of biochemists to support portfolio activities
- Provide biochemistry leadership to project teams
- PhD in Biochemistry, Enzymology or related discipline.
- 5-10+ years of experience in biotech/pharma industry with a track record of hit-finding, hit-to-lead, and lead optimization to delivering small molecule development candidates
- Previous experience in small molecule drug discovery and applying innovative and diverse hit finding techniques: demonstrated expertise and a track record of advancing programs from target validation to screening/hit finding to lead optimization and DC. Additional experience in preclinical development and supporting IND enabling studies is a plus.
- Experience in a wide array of biochemical assay development approaches, including TR-FRET, Mass spectrometry, ALPHAScreen, enzymatic assays, stopped flow & K inactivation , etc. Experience supporting fragment-based and DEL screening a plus.
- Experience with biophysical assays – SPR, NMR, HDX are a plus
- General knowledge of signaling pathways, protein homeostasis, and regulation of gene expression.
- Direct experience in working with and characterizing challenging proteins.
- Experience in collaborating and directing out-sourced CRO activities.
- Experience with protein biochemistry, purification, and analytical techniques, intracellular protein quantitation by Western blot, MSD, and mass spectrometry is highly desirable.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on multidisciplinary teams
- Experience in building and managing a team of scientists with diverse levels of experience, with a keen desire to grow and develop the careers of team members
Notice to Search Firms/Third-Party Recruitment Agencies (Recruiters)
The Human Resources team manages the recruitment and employment process for Treeline Biosciences. To protect the interests of all parties involved, Treeline Biosciences will only accept resumes from a recruiter if an executed search agreement directed to the particular position or positions is in place at the start of the recruitment effort. Unsolicited resumes sent to Treeline Biosciences from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Treeline Biosciences and do not obligate Treeline Biosciences in any way to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. Recruiters are requested not to contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.