Tray.io is ushering in the era of the automated organisation
We believe that any organisation can and should automate. With Tray.io, citizen automators throughout organisations can easily automate complex processes through a powerful, flexible platform, and can connect their entire cloud stack thanks to APIs. Today businesses like IBM, GitHub, Forbes, Lyft, and DigitalOcean rely on Tray.io to connect and automate data flow between the tools they use every day. With Tray.io’s visual workflow builder our customers create automations to drive their business processes without writing a single line of code. Our challenge is to build a cutting-edge product that is powerful and complete while also being beautiful and easy to use.
You'll contribute directly to this mission with a team that fully supports you to do your best work. You'll join humble but fiercely ambitious people like yourself, who also take great pride in what they do, working in a culture built on friendship, transparency, and above all, looking out for one another. You'll have endless opportunities to learn and grow professionally in a fun, fast-paced, and open environment. Plus, you'll get to make your mark at a rapidly-growing company positioned to completely reinvent a multibillion-dollar industry.
Tray.io’s infrastructure processes millions of requests per day and is a mission-critical component of our customers' businesses. As a Junior Technical Writer at Tray.io, you’ll be part of a team responsible for designing, building and running the software and systems which underpin our large-scale, real-time, distributed infrastructure.
As a Junior Technical Writer in our documentation team your main responsibility will be writing and maintaining documentation for our third-party service 'connectors' which will help our customers authenticate their external accounts in the Tray workflow builder, and will give clear well-explained examples of how the connectors can be used to interact with the third-party services and automate customers' processes.
You will be working closely with our head of documentation and liaising with our connector engineers and customer support staff who will use your documentation to assist customers in their efforts to integrate Tray.io. Your workload will be managed using issue tracking software and the documentation will be managed in a software version control system.
An instinct for self-learning and problem-solving when experimenting with software and technology will be vital to your role, as will be the ability to communicate, obtain key information from developers and receive constructive feedback on your work. A firm grasp of the importance of minimal and concise written communication is also crucial.
At Tray there will be lots of opportunity for growth in terms of skills and responsibilities.
- Write concise and clear documentation for Tray.io service connectors
- Review and edit any connector documentation written by developers
- Keep documentation up-to-date
- Liaise with connector developers to get key information
- Develop your technical skills and knowledge of the Tray platform
- An aptitude for experimenting with software
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to learn about technical topics and explain them clearly
- Experience of working in a team
- A genuine love of writing
- A basic understanding of software version control systems (such as GitHub)
- Some awareness of the basics of programming and web design
- Experience of making use of software in a business environment (e.g. CRM systems, document management software, marketing tools, design tools)
- Linux- or Mac-proficient
Our current tech stack:
- PostgreSQL, Redis, ElasticSearch, Cassandra, AWS SQS, AWS Kinesis
- Docker, Terraform, AWS Lambda, Serverless Framework
- Jenkins, Grafana, Prometheus
- AWS & Linux
Working at Tray.io offers many perks, but most importantly we are a talented team with a real passion for the product we are building.
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Unrestricted holiday policy & work from home days
- Flexible working hours
- A fun and supportive working environment
- Top of the range equipment budget
- Drinks fridge & stocked kitchen
- Social events (team breakfasts/lunches, evenings out & trips)
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Private healthcare
- 50% off Virgin Active gym membership
Tray.io is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.