Tray.io is seeking a highly self-motivated senior account who will perform contract review, oversee the billing and collection processes, and provide accurate information in the monthly financial reporting process.
Reporting to the VP Finance, the individual will work with cross-functional teams to help develop and implement processes to improve operational efficiency. Candidate should have a strong understanding of software and service contract revenue recognition and the ability to research technical accounting literature to provide robust analysis and conclusions.
This role also will be tightly integrated with various parts of the accounting close and audit process. We are looking for someone who has the drive to learn and grow within the Company. The ideal candidate is highly analytical and thrives in a fast-paced startup environment.
What you'll be working on:
- Reading complex contracts/agreements and identifing pertinent terms and issues to provide appropriate accounting guidance and propose solutions given recognition policies and the accounting literature (ASC 606, SAB 101, SAB 104, SOP 97-2, EITF 08-1).
- Collaborating cross functionally with other teams with respect to product launches and pricing changes to provide guidance on technical accounting, policy or process issues in the area of revenue recognition.
- Approving and committing sales orders for revenue recognition and maintain documentation supporting the revenue recognition schedules.
- Working closely with the sales operations and finance teams to improve processes and provide guidance to ensure accurate generation of sales order entry and invoices.
- Running monthly close process for revenue, including preparing JEs, reconciliations, reporting and analysis for revenue, deferred revenue, AR and unbilled receivable accounts. Must be able to calculate and analyze VSOE or ESP for the Company’s products as well as calculate bad debt and sales return reserves in accordance with GAAP.
- Assisting with external audits.
What you need:
- Positive and upbeat personality to work in a dynamic environment with all levels of management and functions.
- At least 2 years of Big 4 audit experience.
- At least 1 to 2 years SaaS industry experience.
- Be a Certified Public Accountant or on a path to obtain license soon.
- Experience using industry leading SaaS based financial reporting applications.
- Superior analytical, documentation, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a team and suggest improvements to various processes.
What you get:
- Read about the standard bennies here: https://tray.io/jobs
Tray.io is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.