TRAY.IO IS USHERING IN THE ERA OF THE AUTOMATED ORGANIZATION
We believe that any organization can and should automate. With Tray, citizen automators throughout organizations can easily automate complex processes through a powerful, flexible platform, and can connect their entire cloud stack thanks to APIs. Today businesses like IBM, Forbes and Lyft rely on Tray to connect, process, and automate data between the tools they use everyday.
You’ll contribute directly to this mission with a team that fully supports you to do your best work. You’ll join humble, but fiercely ambitious, people like yourself who also take great pride in what they do, working in a culture built on friendship, transparency, and above all, looking out for one another. You’ll also have endless opportunities to learn and grow professionally in a fun, fast-paced, and open environment...and to make your mark at an rapidly-growing company positioned to completely reinvent a multibillion-dollar industry.
"With Tray, we have a group of experts who can help us explore all the possibilities we haven’t even thought of yet.” - Mike Atwood, Executive Director, Client Success / Vox Media
“I can’t emphasize enough just how good the Tray folks are at what they do.” - David Dorman, Director of Growth and Demand / DigitalOcean
As a Sales Engineer at Tray, you will use your technical skills and social aptitude to help Product, Operations, Marketing, Sales, and IT leaders expedite their initiatives, exceed their revenue goals, and crush their day-to-day. Contribute to Product, being a lense into features needed to drive new business. Live on the front-lines with Sales, go onsite to meet clients, help solve complex problems, and create business value for stakeholders.
Sales Engineering team members are Subject Matter Experts on our product, and our roadmap. In 6 months, you will recognize every technology company in the Bay, and accidentally think about integrations at cocktail hour.
- Be a technical expert on all aspects of Tray.io
- Present complex ideas using System Architecture diagrams.
- Build demonstrations for clients and present to D-, V-, and C- level executives.
- Become a Subject Matter Expert on the Tray roadmap, and general product evolution.
- Work hands-on with customers to demonstrate and communicate implementation best practices using Tray's technology.
- Manage multiple projects in parallel, taking an Active approach, setting clear next-steps and expectations.
- Maintain deep understanding of competitive and complementary technologies and vendors and how to position Tray.io in relation to them.
- Contribute to Product and Engineering, feeding back accurate sales-driven research.
- Contribute to Marketing and Operations through enablement sessions, fostering product excellence across the org.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in a technical sales/solutions/consulting role, with a record of top performance in the B2B SAAS or Consulting space for MM/Enterprise accounts/clients.
- Outstanding skills presenting to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos.
- Experience and a track record of success building solutions for enterprise customers; includes proven skills identifying key stakeholders, winning value propositions, and compelling events.
- Working knowledge of on-premise/cloud-based infrastructures, SDLC pipelines, and deployments/configurations and definition/evangelism of best practices/standards.
- Exceptional sense of humor
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related fields, or equivalent experience.
- SQL development and optimization using MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redshift or similar.
- Experience maintaining data concurrency and consistency amongst distributed API systems, or other systems ingesting real-time data.
- Refreshing company culture that is open, hungry, fun, and global
- A best-in-class product in one of the fastest-growing & largest market segments
- Access to some of the most innovative companies in the world
- Substantial long-term upside with stock options at a ground-floor opportunity in a category-defining company that is moving into scale mode
- Read about the standard bennies here: https://tray.io/jobs