The primary responsibilities of this role are developing security-focused software and engaging with commercial clients / open-source communities. The focus areas are endpoint security, security agents, host telemetry, security engineering, vulnerability triage and remediation, build systems, logging pipelines, and associated security infrastructure.
- Root-cause analysis and debugging on low-level technical issues.
- Contribute fixes and enhancements to large cross-platform codebases.
- Interpret customer requirements, decompose tasks, and make engineering estimates.
- Design and build solutions that balance performance, security, and functionality requirements.
- Directly speak daily with your team typically within core hours and coordinate asynchronously outside of core hours to organize tasking.
- Describe and explain technical concepts to clients, community, and co-workers.
- 3+ years of experience in professional software development in one or more of the following domains: desktop/server applications (CLI or GUI), backend security infrastructure, Linux or Windows kernel-mode development, endpoint security agents/daemons.
- Experience applying modern C++ language features in your work.
- Can work remotely and independently to set goals and find solutions.
- Related development experience in a security monitoring, security testing, security response, vulnerability research, cryptography engineering or other security role is a plus.
- Composure speaking or writing directly to customers to give status reports on progress and to solicit feedback and new requirements.
- Previous experience in open-source projects is a plus.
- Proficiency in system-level programming in C++ (required), Python (preferred). Experience in Go, Rust, or Swift is a plus.
The US estimated base salary for this full-time W2 employee role is $125,000-$200,000, not including bonus and benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, location, and employment type. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by a variety of factors, include but not limited to work location, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
- Before, during and after COVID-19, our workforce works flexibly. Many employees choose to work from home around the globe. As long as you deliver against your goals, we encourage you to harness your personal working style to let you work best.
- Liberal expense policy for acquiring the equipment and software that help you do your job. If we need hardware to work effectively, we buy it.
- We offer exceptional and tailored technical, leadership and organizational training for our team members. Everyone is encouraged to identify additional opportunities for personal professional growth with working at Trail of Bits.
- We routinely highlight the amazing work our employees do via our blog, product offerings, and conference talks. We celebrate you!
- We're at the forefront of a number of markets and have the internal expertise and the ambition to capitalize on those opportunities. Our employees see their work in use and valued by many others.
- Multiple generous health, vision, and dental insurance plans.
- Ancillary benefits including life and disability insurance.
- Retirement plan with 5% company matching.
- 4 months paid parental leave.
- Moving expenses: $5,000 one-time.
- Charitable donations matching up to $2,000.
- One time $1,000 at home office expense stipend.
- $500/year personal learning & development budget.
- Executive coaching for managers & above.
- Bonuses for recruiting, public speaking, tool releases, blog posts, academic posters, proposals, and whitepapers, and end-of-year bonuses based on company, team, and personal performance.
- 20 days of PTO per year for vacation, sick, and personal time off.
- 15 company holidays per year.
- Carbon offsets for your personal and corporate carbon emissions through Project Wren.
Dedication to diversity, equity & inclusion