TouchBistro is looking for an External Financial Reporting Manager to join our Finance Team and play an integral part of the Reporting function. Reporting to the Controller, the position leads the team in the production of TouchBistro’s public filing process and public financial statements ensuring all materials are prepared, reviewed, and filed with Canadian regulators.
The Manager will also support the production of the Management Discussion and Analysis (MD&A), Canadian regulatory financial reporting, and other filings. In this role, you will provide guidance and advice to the Corporate Accounting team regarding accounting policies to implement updated external reporting disclosures and new IFRS accounting pronouncements.
- Assist in building and designing the external reporting function
- Be the key member of the team in managing the preparation and delivery of TouchBistro’s annual, quarterly, and regulatory deliverables
- Lead advance planning of the quarterly production process including MD&A & financial statements in accordance with IFRS
- Partner with key stakeholders to prepare the quarterly Report to Shareholders and Annual Report
- Quarterly audit reviews and annual audits
- Primary preparer of external reporting materials, ensuring effective governance and challenge is incorporated into the end-to-end report and underlying processes
- Work with our Investor Relations team and other key stakeholders to assist in the preparation and review of quarterly Earnings Release, analyst slides and investor call speeches
- Assist with special projects including acquisition due diligence, system conversions, and ad-hoc reports to senior executives and the board of directors
- Ensure all deadlines are met in accordance with the production schedule
- Lead the production of financial statements ensuring high quality control. Ensure adherence to the ICFR framework
- Work closely with TouchBistro’s auditors, providing high quality financial statement drafts and related audit material to them on required timelines
- Proactively work with internal stakeholders to determine the impact certain decisions will have to the financial statements and the audit
Subject Matter Expert
- Research the impact of new transactions or changes in IFRS accounting standards on TouchBistro’s financial disclosures.
ALL ABOUT YOU
- 5+ years of finance experience in a public company external reporting function
- BA/BComm in Accounting or Finance
- Fully designated CPA
- IFRS guru – thoroughly understands and has working experience applying IFRS standards as well as maintains up-to-date understanding on upcoming IFRS pronouncements
- Strong experience in developing and managing internal controls and governance
- Exceptional work ethic, organized and ability to work under pressure is a must
- Excellent communication (full proficiency in English) and interpersonal skills – ability and comfortable speaking and working with C-level executives
- Experience with cloud-based accounting software and ERP systems
- SaaS and technology experience a plus
- Additional certifications or qualifications (MBA/ CFA/ Masters of Finance or Economics)
- Experience in driver-based analytics
- Strong understanding of accounting, legal and SaaS regulatory disclosure requirements
WHY CHOOSE US?
TouchBistro is an award-winning iPad Point of Sale system, built for restaurant people by restaurant people. We’re a team of thinkers, builders, doers, and innovators. While many of us have experience working at restaurants, some of us just have a true passion for the industry.
At TouchBistro you’ll join a fun, vibrant and rapid growth environment where you’ll work with individuals who share the same values of being passionate, innovative, accountable, collaborative and respectful. We offer great benefits such as stock options, career progression, professional development, volunteer days, health/dental benefits, extended long weekends, lunches and more!
So, what do you say? Are you ready to become part of something awesome?
TouchBistro believes in fostering an inclusive workplace where all individuals have an opportunity to succeed. Requests for accommodation due to a disability can be made at any stage of the recruitment process