Totus Medicines, an innovative therapeutic drug discovery biotech, is just emerging from stealth. With a $40M Series A, Totus is poised to revolutionize drug discovery. For the first time, Totus is enabling genome-scale drug discovery to allow the identification of precision medicines for hard-to-drug targets. At its core, Totus is a chemical biology company. Totus’ novel proprietary platform allows screening at a rate more than 100,000 times faster than competitive technologies. Totus has pioneered the development of selective medicines for patients with genetically defined cancers and plans for its first program to enter Phase I by end of 2022. Totus also plans to expand their platform to create therapeutics targeted at neurodegeneration, infectious diseases, and others. We are searching for talented, passionate, high-energy candidates to join our growing team.
The Head of Medicinal Chemistry will be accountable for leading the strategy on a Totus small molecule drug discovery program. The successful candidate will collaborate with an interdisciplinary team of scientists to advance projects toward IND enabling studies. This position will report to Chief Scientific Officer.
- Lead an interdisciplinary team toward rapid acceleration of Totus drug discovery programs to IND enabling studies
- Work across disciplines internally and externally to establish program strategies that efficiently delivers high quality decision driving data
- Lead medicinal chemistry team build out and external chemistry strategy
- Foster a highly collaborative interdisciplinary scientific environment
- Develop internal talent through close mentorship, positive support while enabling and motivating talent to drive science and their professional growth
- Sets vision and direction through resource allocation decisions for the medicinal chemistry team.
- Develops and implements strategic plans and objectives for the medicinal chemistry team in alignment with corporate strategy; oversees direction and approves tactical administrative or operational policies and resource allocation decisions to ensure achievement of objectives
- Serve as interim head of DMPK for discovery activities. Work closely with external consultants to support Clinical Pharmacology activities.
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- Ph.D. or equivalent degree in organic chemistry or relevant field, with 12+ years of industry experience in drug discovery and development.
- Track record of advancing small molecule drug discovery programs to IND enabling studies
- Experience in the programs utilizing of covalent inhibitors is a plus
- Experience in structure-based drug design
- Ability to communicate effectively across scientific disciplines
- Experience working with CROs across many scientific disciplines
- Strong record of effective mentorship and management of internal chemists
What We Offer
A knowledgeable, high-achieving, experienced and fun team
A diverse work atmosphere
The chance to be part of a growing startup and the next success story
The opportunity to shape our company culture
Constant learning and dynamic challenges to help you grow and be the best version of yourself