Totus Medicines, an innovative therapeutic drug discovery biotech, is just emerging from stealth. With a $40M Series A, Totus is poised to revolutionize drug discovery. For the first time, Totus is enabling genome-scale drug discovery to allow the identification of precision medicines for hard-to-drug targets. At its core, Totus is a chemical biology company. Totus’ novel proprietary platform allows screening at a rate more than 100,000 times faster than competitive technologies. Totus has pioneered the development of selective medicines for patients with genetically defined cancers and plans for its first program to enter Phase I by end of 2022. Totus also plans to expand their platform to create therapeutics targeted at neurodegeneration, infectious diseases, and others. We are searching for talented, passionate, high-energy candidates to join our growing team.
We are seeking a highly committed and self-motivated scientist/senior scientist role as a key player in the Totus platform innovation and optimization, working closely with a diverse team of chemists, chemical biologists, biochemists, cell biologists, data scientists and automation engineers to establish Totus platform workflow.
In this role you will:
- Design, develop and execute novel assays in early drug discovery and hit finding by integrating modern chemical biology methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to reliably develop, implement and leverage complex laboratory protocols in medium- to high throughput assays for measuring target engagement (biochemical or cell-based)
- Hands-on experience in cloning molecular biology and tissue culture techniques to express target proteins in mammalian cells
- Highly motivated individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills and willingness to proactively engage in an interdisciplinary and collaborative
- Working collaboratively to streamline the platform workflow, including automating assay protocols and data analysis
- Be a team player and strong individual contributor, flexible, and able to handle multiple tasks and deliver high quality results under tight timelines
- Supervise junior team members and manage external teams / CROs
- Openness to learning new techniques; staying abreast of the latest scientific and competitive developments and applying knowledge to project strategy
- Prepare and present hypotheses, on-going progress reports, technical reports, and future planning (including contributing to budgets and business plans)
- Contribute to building a culture that embraces scientific excellence and integrity with a sense of urgency and collaboration with key stakeholders
- PhD (for Scientist level) with postdoctoral experience (for Senior Scientist level) in chemical biology, molecular biology, cell biology, or related field with strong interest in contributing to the discovery of novel small molecule drugs within an innovative Biotech environment
- 1-2 years of industry experience
- A strong work ethic and willingness to learn drug discovery approaches in biochemical and cellular target engagement is a requirement.
- In-depth knowledge in chemical biology, molecular biology and cell biology is required
- Willingness and ability to work on diverse projects simultaneously
- Experience with molecular biology techniques and protein expression using various systems, especially mammalian cell culture, is required.
- Prior hands-on experience in analyzing protein-protein or protein-ligand interactions (e.g. mass spectrometry, fluorescence, TR-FRET, nanoBRET, ELISA, AlphaLISA assays.) Training in high-throughput techniques is a plus and will be provided as needed.
- Experience with liquid-handling robots, and integrated lab automation systems is strongly preferred
- Experience with data analysis tools (e.g. Prism, SpotFire, Knime, GeneData Screener, Datagrok)
- Experience in mentoring and managing junior team members and/or external partners/CRO is a plus
- Excellent organization and communication skills; ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively; attention to details and good documentation habits
What We Offer
A knowledgeable, high-achieving, experienced and fun team
A diverse work atmosphere
The chance to be part of a growing startup and the next success story
The opportunity to shape our company culture
Constant learning and dynamic challenges to help you grow and be the best version of yourself