Totus Medicines, an innovative therapeutic drug discovery biotech, is just emerging from stealth. With a $40M Series A, Totus is poised to revolutionize drug discovery. For the first time, Totus is enabling genome-scale drug discovery to allow the identification of precision medicines for hard-to-drug targets. At its core, Totus is a chemical biology company. Totus’ novel proprietary platform allows screening at a rate more than 100,000 times faster than competitive technologies. Totus has pioneered the development of selective medicines for patients with genetically defined cancers and plans for its first program to enter Phase I by end of 2022. Totus also plans to expand their platform to create therapeutics targeted at neurodegeneration, infectious diseases, and others. We are searching for talented, passionate, high-energy candidates to join our growing team.
We are searching for a talented Translational Biologist to help support our burgeoning pipeline of novel covalent drugs. Reporting to the Senior Director of Pharmacology and Biology, you will be instrumental in advancing novel drug candidates through development candidate selection. You will be responsible for generating key sets of data with which to help advance drug candidates toward preclinical and clinical development.
How you will contribute
- You will work in close coordination with the Medicinal Chemistry and Discovery Biology teams to develop and implement fit-for-purpose cell based and/or biochemical based assays to evaluate compounds for lead selection.
- The cell-based and biochemical assays that you help design and execute will be critical components to the lead selection decision matrix and will be used to make go/no go decisions for selection of Lead Candidate molecules.
- Your work will be critical to advancing our understanding of compound mechanism of action and clinical biomarker discovery.
- You will participate in tactical planning to optimize, prioritize, and seamlessly integrate assay workflow to meet company goals and objectives
What you will bring
- A BSc in Cell Biology or Biochemistry with 2+ years of experience in a biotech industry setting and an unbridled enthusiasm for scientific discovery.
- This is a lab-based position. You will have an appreciation for laboratory operation and a respect for laboratory safety.
- Culture is key at Totus Medicines – you will be part of a dynamic, collaborative and free-spirited organization. In this regard, you will bring you to Totus.
- You will have a keen curiosity for assay design and how that informs mechanism of action and clinical biomarker discovery. Your creative spark will push you to address your work in innovative ways.
- Oncology should be a disease area of focus you have in your experience
What We Offer
A knowledgeable, high-achieving, experienced and fun team
A diverse work atmosphere
The chance to be part of a growing startup and the next success story
The opportunity to shape our company culture
Constant learning and dynamic challenges to help you grow and be the best version of yourself