Ever wonder why you can buy any product online with a single click, but you can't hire a photographer, tutor, contractor, or other local service professionals without a dozen phone calls? So did we. Thumbtack's mission is to make it dramatically easier to hire services, at the same time empowering independent professionals to grow their businesses.
Are you naturally curious, undeniably resourceful, and passionate about finding top talent? Do you welcome challenges and lean into conversations about ‘unicorns’? Are you passionate about connecting with top caliber candidates in a world of evolving tech? If so, keep reading—this is your dream job!
We're looking for incredibly smart and motivated people who are excited to expand their careers in recruiting as a technical sourcer. You will serve as an integral partner in building candidate relationships, interacting directly with recruiters and hiring managers in one of the most competitive hiring landscapes in the US.
- Work closely with San Francisco Recruiting Team and hiring managers to deeply understand technical requirements of the role, and maintain high level of calibration
- Plan and execute creative and effective sourcing strategies to generate and maintain healthy recruiting pipeline
- Find, qualify, and engage passive candidates using multiple platforms
- Continually track your own candidate pipeline activity; audit and problem solve when necessary.
- Recommend and drive improvements that impact Thumbtack’s sourcing strategy
- Demonstrate excellent time management and project management skills to optimize weekly, monthly, and quarterly results which meet, or exceed, target metrics
- Provide a truly uncommon candidate experience for all prospects and potential new Thumbtackers by owning and managing communications within Thumbtack Brand
- Stay up to date on current tech news and trends
- 1+ years of technical sourcing experience with a search firm or in-house recruiting team, with an emphasis (core competency) within software engineering positions
- Experience hitting and surpassing weekly and quarterly targets
- Natural instincts to problem solve
- Ability to navigate change management well
- Confidently communicate and collaborate with cross-team/location stakeholders
- Thrives and can prioritize in an agile, rapidly changing environment
- Healthy organization management
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to consistently receive and implement feedback
- Experience creating boolean searches
- Basic awareness of modern software development tools and tech stacks
- Experience with LinkedIn and Greenhouse (or any ATS)
- Bachelor's Degree
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
More About Us
Thumbtack is the destination for getting things done—from house remodeling to event planning to music lessons and more. Each year, more than 200,000 professionals across the country service a growing 5 million Thumbtack projects in 1,100+ unique categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack has raised more than $275 million from Sequoia Capital, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford, and Google Capital.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.