A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn’t come with a manual. That's why we’re building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes — knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $600B+ industry — we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We’re seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we’ll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in every U.S. county
- 80 million projects started on Thumbtack
- 10 million 5-star reviews and counting
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- 1000+ employees
- $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the Design Team
We're a tight-knit team of product designers, researchers, and content designers working closely with engineers and product managers to research, explore, and iterate on well-crafted user experiences that are innovative, engaging, and delightful. We collaborate regularly through design reviews, work sessions, and presentations to inspire and influence the direction of the product and company as a whole.
About the Role
As a Senior Product Designer on the Customer Growth team, you’ll work collaboratively and iteratively to turn complex problems into intuitive user experiences. You’ll own projects from conception to launch and measure success through data and user research. You’ll play a key role in roadmapping, feature design, and the quality of our products, and your work will impact both user and business goals.
- Design customer-centric experiences with measurable business impact
- Partner closely with fellow designers, product managers, engineers, and marketers to lead product visions, define growth strategies, shape the product roadmap, and develop design solutions
- Use research and qualitative data to guide design and development decisions
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers while focusing on key metrics
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes
- Test, learn, and iterate; solve existing problems and discover new opportunities through experimentation
What you'll need
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 6+ years of overall design experience, 2+ years of experience working on a Growth team
- Portfolio with a history of impactful projects that showcase your design process
- Demonstrate strong UX, interaction, and visual design skills along with a human-centric approach to designing products
- Ability to balance high-quality craft and crisp execution with agility, speed to learning, and iterative experimentation
- A bias for action and understanding of how your work impacts users and the business
- Experience designing and implementing customer experiences that have led to measurable and sustainable growth results
- Strong cross-functional collaboration and stakeholder management skills
Bonus points if you have
- Experience with helping set product strategy through methods like design sprints, quarterly or yearly planning, and team brainstorms
- Experience with SEO principles and collaborating closely with Marketing.
- Experience designing for a two-sided marketplace
- Fluent prototyping in Figma
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines.* Learn more about our virtual-first working model here.
For candidates living in San Francisco / Bay Area, New York City, or Seattle metros, the expected salary range for the role is currently $184,500 - $225,500 . Actual offered salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as calibrated job level, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role.
For candidates living in all other US locations, the expected salary range for this role is currently $156,825 - $191,675. Actual offered salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as calibrated job level, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role.
- Virtual-first working model coupled with in-person events
- 20 company-wide holidays including a week-long end-of-year company shutdown
- Libraries (optional use collaboration & connection hubs) in San Francisco and Salt Lake City
- WiFi reimbursements
- Cell phone reimbursements (North America)
- Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
Learn More About Us
- Life @ Thumbtack Blog
- How Thumbtack is embracing virtual work
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Meet the pros who inspire us
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, state, or local law. We also will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law.
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.