Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $700B in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros
We're looking for an experienced and talented Senior Technical Recruiter to help build our San Francisco engineering team. Our ideal candidate has successfully recruited at early-stage tech startups and is eager to take on the challenge of rapidly growing our company. We insist on extremely high recruiting standards with a focus on candidate experience. You should have experience at all stages of the recruiting cycle, and a particular passion for partnering with, and closing, candidates actively in the process. As one of the most senior people on the team, you are motivated to set a new standard for recruiting at Thumbtack, and mentor others to match your performance. Most importantly, you are excited to experiment with new approaches to recruiting in collaboration with our Recruiting Operations team.
- Take ownership of technical candidates from our referral, outreach and inbound sourcing programs, leading a memorable candidate experience regardless of outcome.
- Proactively collaborate and calibrate with the recruiting and hiring teams to ensure a positive interviewer and candidate experience.
- Negotiate offers by partnering with hiring team and senior management and ensure high close rate for your candidates.
- Track and understand relevant metrics for your activity and pipeline and actively share your progress with peers and hiring teams.
- Proactively contribute to improving Recruiting at Thumbtack - with real-time feedback on specific candidates, but also by challenging the status quo and providing useful suggestions for improvement.
- 4+ years of experience as a full-cycle recruiter within a technical recruiting capacity
- Technology knowledge (different coding languages/technical stacks/terminology)
- Startup experience is a huge plus, especially in a similarly sized company
- Well-rounded and diverse experience in identification and engagement of top technical talent
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Interested in Thumbtack’s mission and contributing to the success of the company
- BA/BS degree
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $250 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.