At Thumbtack, we’re building the easiest way for people to hire local professionals for projects big and small. From house painting to personal training and everything in between, we match customers to the right pros for all of life’s projects.
Both sides of the Thumbtack marketplace (independent professionals and customers) will benefit massively from enhanced mobile experiences. Imagine what you might do if you could run your business from your iPhone? If you could hire a pro at any time day or night with just a few taps? The sky's the limit.
The front-end team at Thumbtack invests heavily in responsive web design and fast, elegant mobile experiences. We've seen this investment pay off incredibly. However, we think we can do better with a fully native experience. We’ve started by releasing the Thumbtack app for customers: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/thumbtack/id852703300. But there’s still a lot more to come and we want you to be part of it.
We're looking for someone with a history of building amazing iOS applications. You'll be working with great engineering and design teams who are eager to assist you in building something really exceptional.
- You’re an excellent iOS/Objective-C engineer who is comfortable building beautiful iOS experiences
- You have previous experience releasing apps on the App Store (We're looking for someone who's done this before!)
- You’re excited by the potential of mobile technology to transform the lives of small businesses around the country
- You have empathy for the user and an eye for great, user-friendly design
- You’re a great communicator. We find that people who are good writers tend to be great thinkers and great coders
More about us
Headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is helping millions of people tackle their to-do lists every day. By delivering custom, project-specific quotes from qualified and available professionals, we empower customers to select and hire the pro that’s right for them. And with a steady stream of new projects being started, independent professionals across all 50 states are able to grow and manage their businesses on their own terms.
You can learn more about some of the projects we've worked on over at thumbtack.com/engineering.
Please visit thumbtack.com/jobs to return to our careers page.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.