Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers with the right professionals for anything they need done. Every day we rally around the impact Thumbtack has on people’s lives — helping people plan their perfect wedding, families improve their homes, and small businesses grow and thrive. Thumbtack today has 1,100+ types of services, millions of customer requests, and hundreds of thousands of paying professionals. Join our growing team in the quest to build THE destination for anything you need done.
About the Engineering Team
At Thumbtack, our engineering team is building the future of hiring local professionals. We are focused on building a product that makes it easy to get things done. Along the way, we are solving quite a few not-so-easy problems, from building scheduling tools for our pros to scaling infrastructure to handle billions of invites.
About the Role
We are looking to build an amazing mobile experience for hundreds of thousands of users. Can you imagine what you might do if you could run your business from your phone? If you could hire a service provider at any time day or night with just a few taps? The sky's the limit. We develop much of our products mobile first and have seen this investment pay off incredibly. We’re looking for engineers excited to build a fantastic product.
- Drive engineering projects to completion, with a tenacious focus on the business impact of those projects. Skilled at prioritizing tasks to deliver on goals with a sense of urgency.
- Execute new ideas quickly and effectively on iOS while also being a resource to other teams and engineers.
- Willing, when necessary, to solve tough technical problems at any level of the stack, and be persistent in getting to the solution.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to plan and execute on engineering projects.
- Passionate iOS engineer who is an expert in building, testing, releasing, and maintaining applications in either Swift or Objective C
- History of shipping consumer focused apps that users love on the App Store, you can show what you’ve owned
- Excited by the potential of mobile technology to transform the lives of small businesses around the country
- Experience with popular libraries, frameworks, and services like Core Data, AFNetworking, Xcode UI Testing, Crashlytics, and Amplitude, including when not to use one
- Strong eye for beautiful design and user experience
- Great communicator; we find that people who are good writers tend to be great thinkers and great coders
- You’re data-driven and dedicated to thorough testing to maintain high-quality software
More About Us
Thumbtack is the destination for getting things done—from house remodeling to event planning to music lessons and more. Each year, more than 200,000 professionals across the country service a growing 5 million Thumbtack projects in 1,100+ unique categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack has raised more than $275 million from Sequoia Capital, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford, and Google Capital.
- Learn more about our culture, benefits, and perks
- Learn more about engineering at Thumbtack
- Follow Thumbtack on LinkedIn
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.