A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn’t come with a manual. That's why we’re building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes — knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $600B+ industry — we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We’re seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we’ll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in every U.S. county
- 80 million projects started on Thumbtack
- 10 million 5-star reviews and counting
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- 1000+ employees
- $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the Business Finance Team
Business finance is a highly visible team that supports partners across the organization to ensure that sound financial decisions are made in order for Thumbtack to achieve financial performance against company goals.
Together with business analytics, business finance serves as partners for marketing, sales, and product teams across Thumbtack, and uses both quantitative and qualitative analysis to understand business trends, unlock potential revenue levers, and support the corporate FP&A team in monthly revenue forecasting.
About the Role
The Senior Financial Analyst, Business Finance will support Marketing and Sales leaders and partner with their respective teams to understand main business drivers, individual channel performance and forecast, and develop go forward business strategies to ensure that business decisions are aligned with overall finance and company goals. You will partner with both product and business analytics teams to perform deep dives into initiatives to construct a cohesive story for both performance to date and go forward strategies. Finally, you will also play a critical role in total company revenue forecasting, where you will work closely with the corporate FP&A team to summarize and translate individual business initiatives into revenue drivers.
- Build close relationships with business partners
- Responsible for Revenue Model
- Partner with both marketing and analytics teams to understand performance drivers and ensure proper measurement of paid marketing channels
- Monitor marketing spending and apply proper guardrails
- Partner with sales, marketing, and analytics teams to understand business initiatives and the impacted revenue drivers
- Attend weekly business reviews, monitor overall revenue and revenue driver performances to compile cohesive business performance summaries
- Partner with sales teams to track performance against annual plan and gather and provide input from product and business analytics teams to inform business finance revenue forecasting
What you'll need
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field
- 7+ years of FP&A experience, with at least 2 years of Corporate or Business Finance
- Excellent financial modeling and analytical skills, using key tools within Excel and G-Suite
- Able to translate financial analytics into clear and insightful recommendations for business stakeholders
- Proven ability to collaborate cross functionally
Bonus points if you have
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working for a tech company, public company experience a plus
- Previous experience in supporting/partnering with marketing, sales, and business analytics teams
- Excellent problem solving and analytical and system skills
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines.* Learn more about our virtual-first working model here.
For candidates living in San Francisco / Bay Area, New York City, or Seattle metros, the expected salary range for the role is currently $130,000 - $160,000. Actual offered salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as calibrated job level, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role.
- Virtual-first working model coupled with in-person events
- 20 company-wide holidays including a week-long end-of-year company shutdown
- Libraries (optional use collaboration & connection hubs) in San Francisco and Salt Lake City
- WiFi reimbursements
- Cell phone reimbursements (North America)
- Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
Learn More About Us
- Life @ Thumbtack Blog
- How Thumbtack is embracing virtual work
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Meet the pros who inspire us
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, state, or local law. We also will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law.
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.