A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn’t come with a manual. That's why we’re building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes — knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $600B+ industry — we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We’re seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we’ll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 75 million projects started on Thumbtack
- 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- More than 9 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the People Team
Our People Team is at the forefront of building a world-class virtual first company and being a leader on Future of Work. Our People team believes in the power of our people. We craft an employee experience that starts with hiring incredible people, investing in their career development and providing a holistic approach to benefits and wellness.
About the Role
Reporting directly to the Sr. Director of HR Operations, you will own core People processes, policies and systems for our Philippines operations, ensuring we are operating at our best, with an eye towards how we can streamline and use technology. You’ll lead a team of two, who are responsible for ensuring that employees, managers and other key stakeholders receive top notch support. As Thumbtack scales and the People Team matures, you’ll partner with US HR Operations and other key stakeholders, such as Finance, Recruiting, HRBP, Legal, and IT, to achieve our goals and build a globally-aligned team that is effective, scalable, compliant and employee-centric.
- Manage and own the successful delivery of HR services and processes to Thumbtack employees and managers, including Onboarding, Benefits and Leave Administration, HR Administration, Payroll & Timekeeping, Health & Safety, Off-boarding, and other HR processes as needed
- Ensure our HR processes and practices are globally aligned, legally compliant, and employee-centric
- Maintain HR policies and data in an accurate, up-to-date, and legally compliant fashion
- Partner with Sr. Director of HR Operations to build the HR Operations and technology roadmap, taking into account global and local needs
- Drive process improvement for People processes, identifying and prioritizing opportunities with a focus on leveraging technology to create efficient, employee-centric experiences
- Lead cross-functional projects to improve or expand HR Operations, engaging other teams and departments to align on objectives, set milestones, and deliver measurable results
- Manage, coach and develop HR Operations team members, driving engagement and helping them to develop and expand their impact at Thumbtack
What you’ll need
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 10+ years of HR Operations experience with 5+ years people and team management experience with a track record of coaching and developing employees of all levels
- Familiarity with HR systems, technology, and process best practices and hands-on experience implementing them and managing them in a practical way
- Familiarity with HR legal and regulatory compliance and best practices for the Philippines
- Strong background in global collaboration with HR and non-HR teams (from projects to system adaptations), ideally in fast-paced industries
- Strong analytical skills with a history of identifying opportunities to improve HR processes and experiences and measuring success
- Strong process management and improvement skills with a track record of leveraging technology and best practices to improve efficiency and employee experience
- Cross-functional project management experience with a track record of ensuring all voices are heard, building alignment, and driving projects with clear objectives, milestones, and deadlines
- Because this role works closely with our US-based teams, must be able to work flexibly some late evenings or early mornings to attend meetings
Bonus points if you have
- Experience working in a global environment, coordinating efforts across multiple time zones
- Experience with Workday HRIS and/or ZenDesk ticketing system
- Enjoys learning new things, seeking out greater responsibilities and driving best practice beyond assigned “scope of responsibility.”
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines.* Learn more about our virtual-first working model here. #LI-Remote
- Virtual-first working model coupled with quarterly in-person events and Camp Thumbtack
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and Thumbtack services
- Cell phone and WiFi reimbursements
- Subscriptions and Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
Learn More About Us
- Life @ Thumbtack Blog
- How Thumbtack is embracing virtual work
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Meet the pros who inspire us
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, state, or local law. We also will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law.
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact: email@example.com.