A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn’t come with a manual. That's why we’re building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes — knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $600B+ industry — we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We’re seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we’ll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 75 million projects started on Thumbtack
- 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- More than 9 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the People Team
Our People Team is at the forefront of building a world-class virtual first company and being a leader on Future of Work. Our People team believes in the power of our people. We craft an employee experience that starts with hiring incredible people, investing in their career development and providing a holistic approach to benefits and wellness.
About the Role
Reporting to the Sr. Director of People Operations, you will be provide hands-on configuration, and day-to-day administration of our Workday HRIS system, ensuring we are leveraging Workday to drive efficiency, effectiveness, and employee experience. You will identify and assess opportunities, evaluate and propose solutions, develop short and long-term plans, and implement, configure, and manage projects to completion. In addition you will be responsible for handling escalations and ensuring the smooth day-to-day operation of our People processes in Workday and across integrated systems and platforms. You will partner with the rest of People Operations and other key stakeholders, such as Finance, Recruiting, HRBP, Legal, and IT, to build an HR tech stack that is globally-aligned, scalable, compliant and employee-centric.
- Administer and maintain our Workday HRIS across HCM, US Payroll, Time Tracking, Absence, Benefits, Talent Optimization, Learning, Reporting, and Security, ensuring our Workday configuration is globally aligned, legally compliant, scalable, and employee-centric.
- Evaluate, implement, and integrate new Workday features, working with partner teams and developing and managing test plans and project plans
- Work with functional partners to automate People processes, gathering requirements, evaluating and proposing alternatives, and then implementing, testing, and maintaining new processes
- Lead and participate in cross-functional projects to improve or expand our utilization of Workday, engaging other teams to align on objectives, set milestones, and deliver results
- Ensure smooth and seamless day-to-day operations, resolving escalations and complex issues and tickets in support of the People, Payroll, and end users
- Diagnose problems quickly and troubleshoot functional and technical issues with HR, end users, and partner teams, designing, developing, and testing solutions to fit business needs.
- Provide day-to-day technical support, including complex data uploads (EIBs), system audits to ensure process efficiency and data integrity, and developing and maintaining simple and complex custom reports using Report Writer and Report Designer
- Develop training documents related to system updates. May guide and train new colleagues as necessary.
What you'll need
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 5+ years of HRIS and Workday experience or equivalent (including Workday Pro certification and/or extensive relevant experience), with emphasis in Payroll, Absence, and Time Tracking (PATT)
- Strong analytical skills with a history driving measurable improvements through automation, configuration, and implementation of Workday functionality
- Experience gathering requirements and turning business partner asks into proposed solutions, probing to understand and providing clear alternatives and explanations accessible to non-technical partners.
- Cross-functional project management experience with a track record listening to all voices, building alignment, and driving projects with clear objectives, milestones, and deadlines
- Demonstrated familiarity with HR legal and regulatory compliance and best practices as implemented in Workday
- Experience with vendor management and integrations, including applicant tracking system and global payroll vendor integrations
- Experience working in a global company with multiple countries across multiple time zones and the ability to flexibly work some early mornings or late evenings to attend meetings
Bonus points if you have
- Experience working with Workday Studio integrations with Greenhouse recruiting and Cloudpay payroll
- Experience working with Canada and/or the Philippines
- Enjoys learning new things, seeking out greater responsibilities and driving best practice beyond assigned “scope of responsibility.”
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines. Learn more about our virtual-first working model here. #LI-Remote
- Virtual-first working model coupled with quarterly in-person events and Camp Thumbtack
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and Thumbtack services
- Cell phone and WiFi reimbursements
- Subscriptions and Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
Learn More About Us
- Life @ Thumbtack Blog
- How Thumbtack is embracing virtual work
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Meet the pros who inspire us
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, state, or local law. We also will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law.
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact: email@example.com.