A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn’t come with a manual. That's why we’re building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes — knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $600B+ industry — we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We’re seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we’ll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 75 million projects started on Thumbtack
- 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- More than 9 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the Growth Marketing Team
We’re a team of digital marketers that create engaging campaigns across channels and we work closely with cross-functional partners (Brand, Product, Engineering, and Data Science) to drive growth on both sides of Thumbtack’s marketplace. We are nimble, and innovative and our team’s mission is to help customers solve their home care needs by discovering and using Thumbtack’s platform.
About the Role
We are looking for a passionate and experienced marketing operations expert to help drive Thumbtack’s growth. This person will lead the Marketing Operations (MOps) program, including overseeing email & push marketing campaign execution, systems and tools integration and management, database health reporting and optimization, process creation and automation, and alignment with internal and external stakeholders in order to deliver an optimized communications experience for our customers and professional service providers. This person will report to the Director of Engagement Marketing and will manage a team of 5+ direct reports.
- Manage email, push notification, and SMS campaign execution, including aligning with marketing, creative, engineering, data science, analytics, and external teams
- Partner with internal stakeholders on request intake, process improvement, and problem resolution.
- Manage external tools and campaign execution vendors; ensure quality service delivery; lead contract renewal processes and negotiation; evaluate capabilities gaps and review potential new vendor solutions
- Monitor and continually improve email and push notification deliverability and overall database hygiene
- Work with internal teams on systems evaluation and migration/consolidation projects; evaluate and experiment with new technologies to improve capabilities and optimize the program
- Follow A/B testing best practices and guide team in implementation
- Create, audit, optimize, document processes and create cross-functional SOPs / SLAs
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- Expertise with ESPs and/or marketing/engagement automation tools (Iterable or Pardot experience a plus) with a strong understanding of email and push notification automation, system integrations, A/B testing, audience segmentation, and data hygiene
- 7+ years of marketing operations experience, with 2-3 years managing direct reports
- Comfort with project management tools such as JIRA, Asana, Gantt charts, etc. Familiarity with HTML and CSS for email creation
- Creative problem solving; comfort with troubleshooting technology; makes data-driven decisions and has an analytical mindset
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, define priorities, meet deadlines, and hold direct reports accountable
- Experience developing and coaching direct reports and providing them with meaningful growth opportunities that improve both the business and their individual careers
- Demonstrates strong initiative, is both strategic and hands-on, as well as detail oriented; enjoys working in an agile, dynamic, and fast-paced start-up environment; excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable presenting to senior leadership; strong relationship builder with a collaborative and inclusive working style
- Experience in a high growth tech company and/or two-sided marketplace app/company
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity combined with big-picture thinking and exceptional problem solving skills
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines*. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
- Virtual-first working model coupled with quarterly in-person events and Camp Thumbtack
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and Thumbtack services
- Cell phone and WiFi reimbursements
- Subscriptions and Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
Learn More About Us
- Life @ Thumbtack Blog
- How Thumbtack is embracing virtual work
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Meet the pros who inspire us
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, state, or local law. We also will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law.
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact: email@example.com.