A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn’t come with a manual. That's why we’re building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes — knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $500B industry — we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We’re seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we’ll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 70 million projects started on Thumbtack
- More than 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- More than 8 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the GMT/Ops Analytics Team
Thumbtack’s GTM/Ops Analytics team is charged with providing actionable insights for Thumbtack’s Go-to-Market and Ops teams within the COO org (which include Sales & Success, Customer Support, Experience Operations, and Marketplace Trust & Safety). We collaborate with various groups across the company on a wide variety of projects; everything from click-level data from our online HelpCenter, to call-level data from our outbound sales teams, to search- and transaction-level data between pros and customers from our product database. The Ops Analytics team is part of a global analytics team of more than 40 analysts.
About the Role
As a Senior Data Analyst on the Operations Analytics team, you'll empower various business leaders with the data insights they need to make decisions. You’ll work as a cross-functional partner with these business leaders to craft strategy in the lanes supporting operations including Customer Experience Operations, Product Operations, Marketplace, and Support. You’ll also work with engineering, Business Applications, and product teams to transition v1 operational processes into integrated/automated product features, always with an emphasis on improving the pro and customer experience on our platform.
Operations Analysts have the opportunity to work on company-wide efforts where product and operations overlap, such as pro/customer retention through recovery campaigns, monetization and refund policies of new product experiences, customer conversion through our in-product, project request flows, and NLP categorization of our pro and customer free-form feedback.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Become a strong partner with leaders of Thumbtack’s Operations teams to conduct in-depth quantitative analyses that guide strategic decisions
- Communicate insights from operations initiatives in company-wide forums
- Quickly build technical and content expertise about our platform, as well as the touch-points through which the operations teams interact with our pros and customers
- Make proactive business recommendations based on detailed data analysis and a deep understanding of our business goals
- Build and maintain models, visualizations, dashboards, and data tables which provide insight into the product experiences of our pros and customers
- Maintain SQL queries and scripts that underpin Thumbtack’s ETL data pipeline
- Identify key drivers of core business & experience outcomes through regression analyses, Machine Learning methods, clustering and other statistical techniques
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- BA/BS degree, preferably in Economics, Statistics, Math, or Computer Science
- Passion for using data to drive business impact in an operational environment, including running A/B experiments within operational processes
- Experience analyzing user experience data (both product and survey data), preferably in a technology or marketplace company
- Strong experience using SQL to query large datasets, proficiency with data visualization software (e.g., Tableau, Mode), and familiarity with statistics/programming languages (e.g., R, Python)
- Strong communicator with the ability to explain technical results to a non-technical (and data savvy) audience
- Ability to detect and debug data anomalies in complex operational processes and a track record of working with business leaders to drive efficiencies
- Master’s degree in Applied Economics, Statistics, Data Science or related fields
- Experience with third-party operations- and experience-related platforms (such as Qualtrics, Google Analytics, Salesforce, Gong, Intercom, etc.)
- Experience working with cross-functional, off-shore teams in non-US time zones
- Familiarity with analytics and processes of other operational lanes (such as support, sales & success, or trust-and-safety orgs)
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines*. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
- Virtual-first working model coupled with quarterly in-person events and Camp Thumbtack
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and internet
- Subscriptions and Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
- Cell Phone Reimbursement, Thumbtack services (North America only)
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.