A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn’t come with a manual. That's why we’re building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes — knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $500B industry — we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We’re seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we’ll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 70 million projects started on Thumbtack
- More than 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- More than 8 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the Growth Operations Team
The Growth Operations team is a tight-knit group charged with helping to drive revenue through the sales team and improving pro Long Term Value (LTV) through the success team, all at the best ROI possible. We provide actionable insights to the sales and success teams and leadership, drive efficiencies in workflows and processes, and facilitate a smooth process for our pros to help them be successful on our platform. We collaborate across a variety of teams--from analytics to product to engineering to support!
The team is highly interdisciplinary, encompassing a variety of skill sets including project management, operations analysts and lead generation specialists. In this role, you’ll report to the Sr. Manager of Pro Acquisition and partner closest with the Lead Generation team to architect ETLs, dashboards and processes that help drive efficiencies and share insights across our sales funnel.
About the Role
The Growth Operations team needs a sharp analyst to engineer processes that combine data acquired by machines but enhanced by humans to deliver top quality prospects to the top of our sales funnel. There are many opportunities to implement technical solutions to improve efficiency and effectiveness of our Lead Generation Operations. In addition, our sales data lake is undergoing a re-architecture and within 6 months our team will need all hands on deck to migrate and enhance our current Sales and Success Dashboarding.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Leverage strong analytical faculties to come up with process improvements based on analysis of behaviors shown in the data
- Manage multiple and competing priorities. Track status of projects and communicate estimates for milestone completion dates
- Have a solid grasp of layering SQL solutions together across BQ to gSheets and/or Tableau. Expertise in finding scalable solutions that don't require daily/weekly monitoring
- Make significant contributions to the reporting library for the GTM teams. Focused initially on Lead Generation, followed by Sales and Success
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 3+ years delivering visual data products in Tableau or equivalent
- Experienced in blending HR, App/Website Usage and CRM data (Salesforce strongly preferred)
- Strong background in writing SQL and building lightweight ETL operations
- Portfolio of projects focused on QA, efficiency gains and/or process improvement
- Proven experience successfully working with cross functional teams in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Amenable to working graveyard shifts
- Experience with Python, R studio, or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with 3rd party data integration apps and software (account/contact data)
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines*. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
- Virtual-first working model coupled with quarterly in-person events and Camp Thumbtack
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and internet
- Subscriptions and Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
- Cell Phone Reimbursement, Thumbtack services (North America only)
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.