A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn’t come with a manual. That's why we’re building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes — knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $500B industry — we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We’re seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we’ll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 70 million projects started on Thumbtack
- More than 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- More than 8 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the Employee Experience Team
At Thumbtack, we believe in the power of our people. We know that with the right culture, development and support, our people can achieve anything.
The Employee Experience team within the People/HR organization builds meaningful employee experiences for all Thumbtackers globally within the framework of our Future of Work model. Our function leads Thumbtack’s Future of Work program management, and drives all in-person elements of our culture and work, including Thumbtack Libraries (our local Community Hubs formerly known as ‘offices’), Community & Connection, Travel & Events, and Real Estate & Workplace.
Our mission is to curate an incredible company culture and enhance employee wellbeing and connectedness by fostering an inclusive environment where all employees have opportunities to connect and build strong bonds with their peers in meaningful and memorable ways. We enhance the employee experience globally through team events and in-person gatherings, recognition, employee perks, and creating an authentic sense of belonging and community at Thumbtack.
About the Role
Thumbtack believes in the power of virtual-first work to unlock a fundamentally better employee experience - empowering employees to work from anywhere while growing their careers at Thumbtack.
Virtual-first work as a day-to-day model allows us to operate as a unified team, maximizing impact regardless of location. Simultaneously, our virtual-first work vision is grounded in the belief that in-person connections, and events, and team offsites for our distributed workforce are the backbone for forming meaningful bonds, developing new relationships, building a strong sense of community & culture, and ultimately - building a stronger Thumbtack. We are virtual first, not virtual only!
As one of our founding members of our first event events team, you will bring our Future of Work vision to life by facilitating in-person connections for Thumbtack employees through memorable in-person events/retreats, including our annual Camp Thumbtack employee retreat and quarterly, multi-day Team Offsites for Thumbtack employees.
This role will be an important player within our Events Team and work collaboratively with stakeholders and event attendees to provide overall events support. This may include: event registration management, process improvement, customer support, managing travel programs, communications, and more. A successful candidate in this role will be extremely detailed and organized, self-driven, intensely passionate about exemplary customer and stakeholder support, a strong collaborator and writer, and has a desire to learn and grow within Events Management.
Remember: Our events are in-person! This role will require domestic travel one to three times per quarter and in-person attendance at Thumbtack events. Expected annual travel is approximately 20% of the year.
- Support all event logistics including but not limited to: communications, registration, travel, accommodations, staffing, F&B, programming and content
- Be the front lines for our events team in managing all customer support forums and channels and implement scalable solutions for the team
- Support management of team’s event registration tool including the online registration process and running registration operations at in-person events
- Coordinate and support our travel and expense process, working cross functionally with other internal stakeholders
- Maintain vendor management tracking system and ensure all contracts and payments are handled accordingly
- Improve and refine internal processes to create consistent and scalable reporting
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 3+ years of experience working in event management, event operations, travel or events related customer support, and/or general program/project management
- A driven self-starter, who leads with both enthusiasm and operational rigor in day-to-day event operations management and employee onsite experience
- A highly detail-oriented and organized multi-tasker who successfully navigates a fast-paced environment with competing priorities and a robust events calendar
- Ability to work and partner cross-functionally to incorporate and act on feedback from stakeholders and senior leaders
- Highly proficient in Excel/Google Sheets and written and verbal communication skills, with experience using G-Suite programs (Slides, Forms, Docs, Sheets, and GMail) to convey ideas and produce readouts and reports
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact positively and supportively with all employees and build relationships and partner with XFN partners internally & externally
- Experience using data and metrics to measure impact, create reports and propose recommendations on improvements
- Experience working in a fast-paced or high-growth tech company with distributed teams
- Proven success in planning in-person events, retreats and offsites since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic with an authentic and genuine passion for facilitating incredible experiences
- Ability to simplify complex processes to create internal and external efficiencies
- Experience with the following tools and systems: Asana, Concur, Coupa, Ironclad, and Slack
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines*. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
- Virtual-first working model coupled with quarterly in-person events and Camp Thumbtack
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and internet
- Subscriptions and Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
- Cell Phone Reimbursement, Thumbtack services (North America only)
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.