A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn’t come with a manual. That's why we’re building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes — knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $500B industry — we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We’re seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we’ll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 70 million projects started on Thumbtack
- More than 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- More than 8 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the Analytics Team
The Analytics team empowers Thumbtack to use data to guide business decisions. We collaborate with partners across the company to solve the most analytically challenging problems -- everything from how we set prices across hundreds of local services categories, to evaluating the impact of a new business model on company performance, to identifying early predictors of high-quality customers. We are a tight-knit, intellectually curious team that is committed to improving Thumbtack and improving each other.
About the Role
The Lead Analyst, Product Analytics will collaborate with cross functional leadership to establish pricing processes and systems for our products. As a senior member of our product analytics team, you’ll work collaboratively with peers and leadership across product management, engineering, design, marketing and go-to-market functions. The ideal candidate will raise the bar of analytical execution and influence product direction with data, all thanks to strong execution against and clearly articulated strategic priorities.
The Lead Analyst, Product Analytics has a well-balanced mix of responsibilities including deep analytics, product strategy and product development, and will raise the bar for analytics processes and practices.
- Influence Thumbtack’s vision to become the go-to app for all our customer’s home projects
- Partner with leaders from product management, engineering, design, marketing and go-to-market teams to execute on our product vision
- Set up and execute against an analytics roadmap that answers key strategic questions, unblocks product development
- Design and execute complex marketplace experiments to evaluate product and pricing changes
- Coordinate with analytics leaders in adjacent product teams to ensure cross-product strategic alignment of roadmaps
- Collaborate with, mentor, and help recruit analysts for the broader analytics organization
- 5+ years of experience in analytics, data science or economics
- Experience managing stakeholders with competing priorities in areas such as Product Management, Design, Engineering and Marketing
- Experience scoping, analyzing, and communicating results of experiments
- Technical depth in data extraction, statistical analysis, modeling and general familiarity with SQL and languages such as Python or R
- Strong communication skills and ability to build strong relationships cross-functionally and with senior leadership
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctoral degree in a technical area such as: Statistics, Engineering, Analytics, Math, Computer Science, Operations Research
- A well-balanced combination of big-picture thinking, ability to thrive in ambiguity, exceptional problem solving skills and patience to teach others and uphold a high bar
- Experience working on a 2-sided marketplace
- Experience working on auction systems
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries.
- Virtual-first working model coupled with quarterly in-person events and Camp Thumbtack
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and internet
- Subscriptions and Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
- Cell Phone Reimbursement, Thumbtack services (North America only)
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact email@example.com.