We’re the technology leader building the modern home management platform. Today, millions of people use Thumbtack to effortlessly manage their homes. We help them confidently know what to do, when to do it and who to hire.
Our goal is simple: to be the only platform homeowners need to fix, maintain and improve their homes. As a long-term partner for homeowners, our promise is to turn what was once confusing and intimidating into something straightforward — and a lot less stressful.
At Thumbtack, we're not just creating a new era of homeownership. We’re supporting local economies and building stronger communities. Each day, we connect local professionals across America with busy homeowners so they can grow their businesses.
Thumbtack is for everyone. Our customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Our North Star is bright and our ambitions are big. We’ve been at this for over a decade, but the way we see it: we’re just getting started.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available in all 3,143 U.S. counties.
- Nearly 4.5 million customers in the last 12 months
- Hundreds of thousands of local professionals on our platform
- 65 million projects started on Thumbtack
- Over 7.5 million 5-star reviews left for stellar pros
About the Business Operations Program Management Team
The Business Operations Program Management Team is a highly visible team that works closely with senior leaders across the organization with the goal of up-leveling organizational effectiveness in a hyper-growth organization. Our Business Operations Program Managers combine a creative, human-centered approach to designing processes, experiences and solutions with a dedication to consistent, effective, and attention-focused execution. Centralized under the Chief of Staff, Business Operations Program Managers are embedded within functional leadership teams in order to drive strategic initiatives, growth and business operations.
About the Role
The Senior Business Operations Program Manager embedded within the Engineering, Product, Analytics and Design (EPAD) teams will own initiatives and projects from ideation to execution and delivery, ensuring actionable and high-quality recommendations to their functional partners across EPAD. You must be able to balance vision with the execution of detailed plans to achieve our goals within and across teams. You’ll also drive weekly, monthly, and quarterly business operations, increasing accountability and understanding of business levers and initiatives that drive growth. You must have a team first mentality with the ability to drive autonomously through ambiguity and taking responsibility for the results achieved.
- Partner closely with executive leadership across Engineering, Product, Analytics and Design teams (EPAD) to operationalize the EPAD strategy, bringing our vision to life
- Own all logistics, coordination, and facilitation for regular team meetings, documenting and presenting summaries of internal initiatives
- Predict roadblocks and obstacles and prioritize competing needs with sound reasoning and creative problem solving, while proactively raising issues for the leadership team before it becomes a problem
- Develop and track project plans, metrics of success, and communication plans for all initiatives
- Choose teamwork to collaborate effectively across departments including executives to execute initiatives and drive alignment across the business
- Define how to bring the future of work strategy alive for the EPAD team in building team cohesion, rituals, and connection
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 8+ years of experience in a combination of strategy and operations roles in a fast-paced environment (business operations, start-ups, management consulting, or equivalent)
- Experience working with product teams and demonstrated experience in driving business case development / strategic recommendations from end-to-end
- Experience owning multiple cross-functional initiatives autonomously
- An incredible sounding board for others, with low ego, and ability to anticipate and be 2 steps ahead of our busy leaders and teams
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form; ability to work well with leadership and able to lead, facilitate, and influence across multiple levels and functions of an organization
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
More About Us
Thumbtack is a technology leader building the modern home management platform. Through the Thumbtack app, homeowners can effortlessly manage their homes — confidently knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. Bringing the $500 billion home services industry online, Thumbtack empowers millions of homeowners to fix, maintain, and improve their most valuable asset.
Founded in 2008, Thumbtack is backed by over $500 million in funding from folks that include Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford.
- See what it’s like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Discover our virtual first plan
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.