We’re the technology leader building the modern home management platform. Today, millions of people use Thumbtack to effortlessly manage their homes. We help them confidently know what to do, when to do it and who to hire.
Our goal is simple: to be the only platform homeowners need to fix, maintain and improve their homes. As a long-term partner for homeowners, our promise is to turn what was once confusing and intimidating into something straightforward — and a lot less stressful.
At Thumbtack, we're not just creating a new era of homeownership. We’re supporting local economies and building stronger communities. Each day, we connect local professionals across America with busy homeowners so they can grow their businesses.
Thumbtack is for everyone. Our customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Our North Star is bright and our ambitions are big. We’ve been at this for over a decade, but the way we see it: we’re just getting started.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available in all 3,143 U.S. counties.
- Nearly 4.5 million customers in the last 12 months
- Hundreds of thousands of local professionals on our platform
- 65 million projects started on Thumbtack
- Over 7.5 million 5-star reviews left for stellar pros
About the Growth Marketing Team
We’re a team of marketers that create engaging campaigns across channels and we work closely with cross-functional partners (Brand, Product, Sales, Engineering, and Data Science) to drive growth on both sides of Thumbtack’s marketplace. We are nimble, and innovative and our team’s mission is to help customers solve their home care needs by discovering and using Thumbtack’s platform.
About the Role
Thumbtack relies on our stellar sales team to continue to attract the best professionals in their respective industries. But they rely on our sales marketing for a strong pitch that is well-told across all of our touch points to make a pro’s investment with us a no-brainer.
- Develop and execute sales campaigns, including: audience segmentation, creative development, and campaign operations
- Enable the sales team by facilitating trainings and creating new content, such as sales collateral, event advertising, and webinars
- Test channel mix and messaging strategies, share insights with stakeholders and make recommendations to drive improved results
- Provide critical input on the impact of new products and features on our sales marketing funnel, and keep campaigns up to date with our product narrative and value proposition
- Execute on quarterly/annual plans, contribute to the overall roadmap, and recommend additional project or marketing plans to meet goals
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 3+ years of experience in a marketing role, sales marketing experience a plus
- Demonstrated experience creating engaging marketing campaigns and assets through channels such as email marketing, SMS, landing pages, and content strategy
- Strong understanding of email marketing funnels, automation tools, analytics, and A/B testing
- Project management experience and track record of managing cross-functional projects to a successful outcome
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile environment
- Experience with analyzing data and effectively communicating insights
- Strong ability to build and nurture relationships across the sales and marketing organizations through great communication and organizational skills
- Experience working with small businesses and/or a passion for small businesses and helping them succeed
- Understanding of sales and marketing funnels, analyzing full funnel metrics and forecasting
- Pardot/Salesforce automation experience a major plus
- Vendor management
- Involvement in conference and sales convention planning and execution
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines*. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
More About Us
Thumbtack is a technology leader building the modern home management platform. Through the Thumbtack app, homeowners can effortlessly manage their homes — confidently knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. Bringing the $500 billion home services industry online, Thumbtack empowers millions of homeowners to fix, maintain, and improve their most valuable asset.
Founded in 2008, Thumbtack is backed by over $500 million in funding from folks that include Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford.
- See what it’s like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Discover our virtual first plan
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.