We’re the technology leader building the modern home management platform. Today, millions of people use Thumbtack to effortlessly manage their homes. We help them confidently know what to do, when to do it and who to hire.
Our goal is simple: to be the only platform homeowners need to fix, maintain and improve their homes. As a long-term partner for homeowners, our promise is to turn what was once confusing and intimidating into something straightforward — and a lot less stressful.
At Thumbtack, we're not just creating a new era of homeownership. We’re supporting local economies and building stronger communities. Each day, we connect local professionals across America with busy homeowners so they can grow their businesses.
Thumbtack is for everyone. Our customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Our North Star is bright and our ambitions are big. We’ve been at this for over a decade, but the way we see it: we’re just getting started.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available in all 3,143 U.S. counties.
- Nearly 4.5 million customers in the last 12 months
- Hundreds of thousands of local professionals on our platform
- 65 million projects started on Thumbtack
- Over 7.5 million 5-star reviews left for stellar pros
About the Pro Success Team
The mission statement of the Pro Success team is to drive adoption, expansion and retention of targeted pros through strategic relationships, therefore ensuring their continued growth and success. We partner closely with our highest potential professionals (aka pro’s) to build relationships, drive product adoption and empower them to achieve their business goals. The members of this team are Thumbtack product experts and work cross functionally with our Sales, Product, Operations and Service & Support teams in order to drive results and retain our top pro’s.
About the Role
At Thumbtack we are driven by a strong passion for helping our pros achieve their goals. A Success Specialist on the Tier 2 Pro Success Team is a key role to ensure we achieve this, promoting a culture of customer obsession. You will drive retention and growth of our pro’s by partnering with our pros, acting as their primary point of contact within Thumbtack, ensuring a strong foundation of Thumbtack knowledge. This will be accomplished by providing actionable feedback and recommendations, and assisting them in getting the full value out of our platform.
- Be an advocate for your pro’s and operate with a customer obsession mentality
- Drive retention and growth by managing a portfolio of pro’s on Thumbtack
- Provide appropriate education, actionable advice, useful content, and clear communication as needed
- Become an expert of the Thumbtack product and clearly articulate how we will help your pro’s meet their goals
- Leverage a combination of tech touch and 1:1 meetings to connect with assigned pro’s
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in a customer success, account management, consulting or similar customer facing role
- Demonstrated ability to build strong customer relationships and deliver a customer centric solution
- Experience managing a portfolio of accounts that met defined KPIs
- Proven ability to manage, utilize, and prioritize your time and efforts
- Ability to work cross functionally within an organization to drive results
- Exceptional verbal and written communication: clear, on point and confident
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed
- Experience working for a company offering services through an online Marketplace
- Salesforce or similar CRM experience
- Quick learner that can incorporate industry and vertical specific jargon in your communication with customers.
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines*. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated
More About Us
Thumbtack is a technology leader building the modern home management platform. Through the Thumbtack app, homeowners can effortlessly manage their homes — confidently knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. Bringing the $500 billion home services industry online, Thumbtack empowers millions of homeowners to fix, maintain, and improve their most valuable asset.
Founded in 2008, Thumbtack is backed by over $500 million in funding from folks that include Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford.
- See what it’s like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Discover our virtual first plan
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.