We’re the technology leader building the modern home management platform. Today, millions of people use Thumbtack to effortlessly manage their homes. We help them confidently know what to do, when to do it and who to hire.
Our goal is simple: to be the only platform homeowners need to fix, maintain and improve their homes. As a long-term partner for homeowners, our promise is to turn what was once confusing and intimidating into something straightforward — and a lot less stressful.
At Thumbtack, we're not just creating a new era of homeownership. We’re supporting local economies and building stronger communities. Each day, we connect local professionals across America with busy homeowners so they can grow their businesses.
Thumbtack is for everyone. Our customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Our North Star is bright and our ambitions are big. We’ve been at this for over a decade, but the way we see it: we’re just getting started.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available in all 3,143 U.S. counties.
- Nearly 4.5 million customers in the last 12 months
- Hundreds of thousands of local professionals on our platform
- 65 million projects started on Thumbtack
- Over 7.5 million 5-star reviews left for stellar pros
About the Financial Planning & Analysis Team
Corporate FP&A is a highly visible team that partners with senior leadership to ensure that sound financial decisions are made in order for Thumbtack to achieve financial performance against company goals.
Team provides analysis and conducts financial reviews of a wide range of business issues and leads financial processes such as planning, forecasting, reporting and tracking performance. The FP&A team provides critical financial reporting and insights to the organization, leadership team, Board, and investors. Team provides thought leadership in financial, compliance and operational areas.
About the Role
Senior Manager, Corporate FP&A will lead Annual budgeting and Long range planning processes. You will be directly responsible for Board presentations, analysis that support business performance management & investor relations and other financial reporting. You will play a critical role in helping Thumbtack become public company ready.
You should have the desire and ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. Partnering with critical stakeholders across the Finance, Accounting and Executive Leadership team within Thumbtack, the Senior Manager, Corporate FP&A will lead the development of solutions that accelerate cycle times and alleviate manual processes. This role will report to the Head of FP&A and interact heavily with the CFO.
- Leadership of annual financial planning and annual planning, including process management, communication and reporting
- Ownership of management financial reporting including Board decks, 3 year plans and annual budget
- Responsible for analysis to support investor relations
- Strong partnership collaboration with Business Finance, Strategic Finance, other FP&A, analytics and accounting teams on cross functional processes and synthesizing insights for decision support
- Ensure the use of appropriate tools and skills to create visually impactful slides for executive and Board-level presentations
- Own and improve current systems and processes to increase productivity and accuracy of the FP&A team
- Manage frequent ad hoc projects to support management and business decisions
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field
- 5+ years of FP&A experience, with at least 2 years in Corporate FP&A
- Experience at a public company, including directly managing and/or supporting quarterly earnings cycles
- Excellent leadership skills, with a track record of building, leading and inspiring high-performing teams
- Excellent financial modeling, analytical, problem solving and system skills
- Experience managing the financial planning process across a company, and experience managing multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment while maintaining a high level of precision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to translate financial analytics into clear and insightful recommendations, and to tell the story beyond the numbers
- Experience working for a consumer tech company
- Proven ability to collaborate cross functionally
- Experience in a 2 sided marketplace
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines*. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
More About Us
Thumbtack is a technology leader building the modern home management platform. Through the Thumbtack app, homeowners can effortlessly manage their homes — confidently knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. Bringing the $500 billion home services industry online, Thumbtack empowers millions of homeowners to fix, maintain, and improve their most valuable asset.
Founded in 2008, Thumbtack is backed by over $500 million in funding from folks that include Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford.
- See what it’s like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Discover our virtual first plan
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.