A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn’t come with a manual. That's why we’re building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes — knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $500B industry — we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We’re seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we’ll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 70 million projects started on Thumbtack
- More than 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- More than 8 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the Finance Team
Thumbtack’s Finance team is a tight-knit team responsible for stewardship of Thumbtack’s long-term financial strategy, value creation and results. Our team’s mission is to deliver timely, complete and accurate financial information that can be relied on to help drive impactful strategic decisions. Our business partners rely on our insight and trust to help them solve difficult problems.
The team owns Thumbtack’s financial strategy, accounting, planning, and capital raising processes. In addition, the Finance team provides critical financial reporting and insights to the organization, leadership team, Board, and investors.
About the Role
We are seeking a passionate and highly motivated individual to join Thumbtack’s Strategic Finance team. Working in partnership with cross-functional partners and stakeholders, this role will play a key role in Thumbtack’s corporate development and long-term strategic planning activities. The role will involve development of the company’s long-term strategic roadmap and financial model; research, analysis, and execution of M&A, fundraising, and partnership transactions; IPO preparation and execution; investor relations and stakeholder management; and special strategic projects as they arise.
This individual will have a strategic mindset, strong technical skills and a proven ability to analyze complex problems. This role will report to the Director, Strategic Finance.
- Participate in development of long-term strategic plan and financial model
- Analyze Thumbtack’s market, competitive landscape, and competitive position / differentiation; build and maintain a repository of this information; educate the company on these topics on an ongoing basis
- Develop and continually update strategic themes and sectors of interest for mergers & acquisitions, investments, and partnerships; identify public and privately held targets; present and advocate for opportunities with sound theses, rationale, and analytics
- Manage and execute acquisitions and investments, including deal sourcing, due diligence, transaction, and integration
- Manage fundraising activities, including IPO preparation and execution
- Build investor-facing materials, including investor presentations, models, and data
- Build collaborative relationships across the Company, including with members of the product, operations, finance, marketing, and people teams
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- Experience and proven track record at a top-tier management consulting firm and/or corporate strategy organization
- Ability to build business cases supported with quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Experience doing strategic analysis of companies’ markets, competitive landscapes, and competitive positioning
- Superior financial modeling and analysis skills with strong attention to detail
- Highly motivated, high impact, self-starter
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Highest ethical standards, excellent judgment, and personal/professional integrity; discretion in handling confidential information
- Experience working with technology, software, and/or marketplace businesses
- Experience executing M&A or partnerships transactions
- Experience executing capital market transactions
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines*. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
Benefits & Perks
- Virtual-first working model coupled with quarterly in-person events and Camp Thumbtack
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and Thumbtack services
- Cell phone and WiFi reimbursements
- Subscriptions and Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact email@example.com.