We’re the technology leader building the modern home management platform. Today, millions of people use Thumbtack to effortlessly manage their homes. We help them confidently know what to do, when to do it and who to hire.
Our goal is simple: to be the only platform homeowners need to fix, maintain and improve their homes. As a long-term partner for homeowners, our promise is to turn what was once confusing and intimidating into something straightforward — and a lot less stressful.
At Thumbtack, we're not just creating a new era of homeownership. We’re supporting local economies and building stronger communities. Each day, we connect local professionals across America with busy homeowners so they can grow their businesses.
Thumbtack is for everyone. Our customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Our North Star is bright and our ambitions are big. We’ve been at this for over a decade, but the way we see it: we’re just getting started.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available in all 3,143 U.S. counties.
- Nearly 4.5 million customers in the last 12 months
- Hundreds of thousands of local professionals on our platform
- 65 million projects started on Thumbtack
- Over 7.5 million 5-star reviews left for stellar pros
About the Growth Marketing Team
We’re a team of digital marketers that create engaging campaigns across channels and we work closely with cross-functional partners (Brand, Product, Engineering, and Data Science) to drive growth on both sides of Thumbtack’s marketplace. We are nimble, and innovative and our team’s mission is to help customers solve their home care needs by discovering and using Thumbtack’s platform.
About the Role
We are looking for a passionate marketing leader to help drive Thumbtack’s growth. The ideal candidate has a proven record of achieving and measuring results through innovative full-funnel marketing programs. You will develop our integrated channel plans in collaboration with leads across media, performance, and engagement marketing. You will help prove out new strategies and channels and build the case for future investment to grow Thumbtack into a household name.
- Lead the development of cross-channel strategies, which includes channel/media mix, budget allocation, audience architecture, and measurement frameworks
- Partner with channel owners (mid/upper funnel channels, performance marketing, and engagement marketing) and agency partners to develop and execute plans
- Improve reporting and measurement to track performance of the entire channel portfolio and optimize plans to maximize ROI and achieve marketing goals
- Partner with Brand, PMM, and Creative teams on larger marketing initiatives and ensure alignment across Growth Marketing team to deliver successful integrated campaigns
- Derive the most value from our media and measurement partners
- Communicate vision and results to leadership and key stakeholders
- Stay on top of current and future media and digital marketing landscape and identify new testing opportunities
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 7+ years of digital marketing experience (with some agency or in-house media experience)
- Deep knowledge of digital channels and the ability to develop holistic plans
- Strong ability to develop, prioritize, and implement plans, with strong bias for action
- Ability to work through others (channel owners, cross-functional and external partners) to achieve results in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, comfortable presenting to senior leadership
- Highly analytical and able to make informed, data driven decisions quickly and with confidence
- Strong relationship builder with a collaborative, inclusive working style
- Customer first mindset
- Experience in a high growth tech company and/or two-sided marketplace app/company
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity combined with big-picture thinking and exceptional problem solving skills
- Experience testing new channels from scratch
- Strong data analytics skills (pivot tables, vlookups, basic modeling)
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
More About Us
Thumbtack is a technology leader building the modern home management platform. Through the Thumbtack app, homeowners can effortlessly manage their homes — confidently knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. Bringing the $500 billion home services industry online, Thumbtack empowers millions of homeowners to fix, maintain, and improve their most valuable asset.
Founded in 2008, Thumbtack is backed by over $500 million in funding from folks that include Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford.
- See what it’s like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Discover our virtual first plan
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.