We’re the technology leader building the modern home management platform. Today, millions of people use Thumbtack to effortlessly manage their homes. We help them confidently know what to do, when to do it and who to hire.
Our goal is simple: to be the only platform homeowners need to fix, maintain and improve their homes. As a long-term partner for homeowners, our promise is to turn what was once confusing and intimidating into something straightforward — and a lot less stressful.
At Thumbtack, we're not just creating a new era of homeownership. We’re supporting local economies and building stronger communities. Each day, we connect local professionals across America with busy homeowners so they can grow their businesses.
Thumbtack is for everyone. Our customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Our North Star is bright and our ambitions are big. We’ve been at this for over a decade, but the way we see it: we’re just getting started.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available in all 3,143 U.S. counties.
- Nearly 4.5 million customers in the last 12 months
- Hundreds of thousands of local professionals on our platform
- 65 million projects started on Thumbtack
- Over 7.5 million 5-star reviews left for stellar pros
About the Analytics Team
Thumbtack’s Analytics team is a tight-knit group charged with empowering Thumbtack to use data to guide decisions. We collaborate with teams across the company on a wide variety of impactful projects; everything from exploring click-level data on user experiences to evaluating the impact of a new business model on company performance. This role is about so much more than creating dashboards — it’s telling the story of our business in a way that inspires action.
About the People Team
Our People Team believes in the power of our people. We know that with the right culture, development, and support, our people can achieve anything. We do this by crafting an employee experience that starts from hiring incredible people, investing in their development, and providing a holistic approach to benefits and wellbeing.
About the Role
As Head of People Analytics, you’ll lead the People Analytics team and work with the People Team to uncover insights, unlock innovation and develop strategies to drive the best outcomes for our employees and organization. You’ll be expected to leverage your analytical expertise, product sense, and interpersonal skills to lead a variety of high-impact projects. You will embed directly with the People Team to get this done.
Outside supporting the People Team, you’ll contribute to our broader analytics team and company data culture by sharing your learnings, partnering with others, and building new capabilities for how we can use data to guide decisions. Team members’ personal and professional development is a priority for us. We have a solid track record of preparing team members not only for more senior responsibilities in analytics, but also for diverse roles across product, data science, and marketing.
The Head of People Analytics has a well-balanced mix of responsibilities including deep analytics, team management, talent strategy, and development
- Set a long term vision for People Analytics Thumbtack and execute on it in collaboration with leaders from recruiting, talent strategy, diversity equity & inclusion, future of work, etc.
- Influence and shape Thumbtack’s People Strategy
- Manage, mentor, and grow people analysts
- Set up an analytics roadmap, identify key questions that will unblock people team and liaise with technical partners on data infrastructure
- Coordinate with other analytics leaders to run a well-managed, productive and motivated Thumbtack analytics team
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 10+ years of experience in analytics, data science, or economics
- 4 years of people management experience especially with a focus on senior analysts/data scientists
- Experience in People where you can evaluate tradeoffs between equally important stakeholders
- Strong communication skills and ability to build strong relationships cross-functionally and with senior leadership
- Exemplary analytical problem-solving skills, including strong business judgment and innovative solutions
- Ability to work with company executives on talent strategy
- Strong communicator, attentive listener, and compelling storyteller
- Proficiency in or desire to learn using SQL to analyze recruiting and HR data
- Prior work experience in Recruiting or Human Resources
- A well-balanced combination of big-picture thinking, ability to thrive in ambiguity, exceptional problem-solving skills, and patience to teach others and uphold a high bar
- Current or prior technical depth in data extraction, statistical analysis, modeling and general familiarity with data languages and statistical tools (SQL, Python, R, Stata)
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries.
More About Us
Thumbtack is a technology leader building the modern home management platform. Through the Thumbtack app, homeowners can effortlessly manage their homes — confidently knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. Bringing the $500 billion home services industry online, Thumbtack empowers millions of homeowners to fix, maintain, and improve their most valuable asset.
Founded in 2008, Thumbtack is backed by over $500 million in funding from folks that include Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford.
- See what it’s like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Discover our virtual first plan
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.