A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn’t come with a manual. That's why we’re building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes — knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $500B industry — we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We’re seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we’ll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 70 million projects started on Thumbtack
- More than 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- More than 8 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the Product Marketing Team
We’re a team of passionate product marketers dedicated to driving adoption for the Thumbtack product suite, across our customer and pro users. We develop go-to-market (GTM) strategies that motivate professionals and homeowners to adopt new Thumbtack products and features and serve as a liaison to cross functional teams throughout the product development lifecycle to ensure successful launches and a consistent narrative. We are also at the center of major company initiatives and spearhead GTM plans that are designed to help the company reach its goals and benefit both sides of Thumbtack’s marketplace. We are nimble and innovative in our team’s mission to help customers solve their home care needs and pros to grow their businesses through the use of Thumbtack’s platform. Additionally, we have a big story to tell about Thumbtack’s mission, brand promise and value proposition - with the ultimate goal of making Thumbtack a household name.
About the Role
As Thumbtack strives to build a branded destination for home management services, we need to tell a crisp story about the company and its value proposition to customers and pros. As a hands-on leader, you will manage a team of product marketers to craft messaging, positioning, launch strategies, and to partner closely with stakeholders on the product roadmap, GTM plans, and the roll-out of strategic initiatives that support Thumbtack’s Growth and Customer Experience efforts. Additionally, you will spearhead the effort to weave our product stories into our overall Brand narrative in partnership with the wider Marketing team. You will lead a growing team that not only delivers Product Marketing, but also carries the ball on new strategic initiatives that Thumbtack launches in market, such as the roll out of new partnerships. You will lead employees that are focused on major Growth and Experience initiatives, and will work cross-functionally across Thumbtack to drive these projects forward. We have an amazing story to tell and you will play a crucial role in making that happen.
- Define and evolve Thumbtack’s product marketing strategy and Integrated Marketing framework across Customer and Pro audiences, delivering against Thumbtack’s broader vision and brand promise
- Communicate effectively to share the product vision, positioning, and messaging to all departments, including C-level stakeholders
- Partner with the Product organization, providing input on the roadmap based on customer/pro feedback, segmentation, research inputs and business results
- Direct all new Brand platform and Partnership GTM efforts, working closely with PR, Marketing (Brand/Growth) and the broader COO organization
- Align with Analytics to put success metrics around team efforts and share results post-launch, measuring our product launches and campaigns with translation to business impact
- Design and execute new research (through surveys, interviews or competitive research) to understand the competitive landscape, key benefits and drawbacks, and the most compelling value propositions for Thumbtack and our features
- Lead, coach, and develop a high-performing team that is engaged and motivated to achieve Thumbtack's mission
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 10 years experience leading Product Marketing and/or Integrated Marketing organizations
- 6 years of people management experience, excellent leadership skills with the confidence to lead, manage and engage team members (both direct and indirect reports)
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and influence decision making across all levels of the organization
- Strong communicator with the ability to synthesize complex information
- Strong ability to develop and implement plans, execute on A/B tests and use data as your guide to prioritization. Thumbtack is a data-driven organization, embrace it
- Innate ability to stay in tune with and take advantage of emerging technology trends and platforms within digital marketing
- Experience in a high growth tech company and/or two-sided marketplace app/company
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity combined with big-picture thinking and exceptional problem solving skills
- Solid history of working with Brand and Growth Marketing teams
- Understanding of Product organizations and agile ways of working
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines*. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
Benefits & Perks
- Virtual-first working model coupled with quarterly in-person events and Camp Thumbtack
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and Thumbtack services
- Cell phone and WiFi reimbursements
- Subscriptions and Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.