We’re the technology leader building the modern home management platform. Today, millions of people use Thumbtack to effortlessly manage their homes. We help them confidently know what to do, when to do it and who to hire.
Our goal is simple: to be the only platform homeowners need to fix, maintain and improve their homes. As a long-term partner for homeowners, our promise is to turn what was once confusing and intimidating into something straightforward — and a lot less stressful.
At Thumbtack, we're not just creating a new era of homeownership. We’re supporting local economies and building stronger communities. Each day, we connect local professionals across America with busy homeowners so they can grow their businesses.
Thumbtack is for everyone. Our customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Our North Star is bright and our ambitions are big. We’ve been at this for over a decade, but the way we see it: we’re just getting started.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available in all 3,143 U.S. counties.
- Nearly 4.5 million customers in the last 12 months
- Hundreds of thousands of local professionals on our platform
- 65 million projects started on Thumbtack
- Over 7.5 million 5-star reviews left for stellar pros
About the Recruiting Team
We’re a team of Recruiters, Recruiting Coordinators, Sourcers, and Operations Specialists who partner with every function of the business to drive the recruiting process at Thumbtack. Our mission is to engage, excite, and hire people who will achieve their career potential and contribute to the company’s success. We do this by identifying the right individuals for the right roles, assessing them rigorously and without bias, and inspiring them to become advocates of our business and values.
About the Role
The Recruiting Team at Thumbtack is looking for a Technical Sourcer to identify and assess qualified candidates through strong partnerships with our Recruiters and Hiring Teams.This person will blend recruiting tool acumen, candidate pipeline development strategy, and relationship management at a very high level. They will also be an eager and willing collaborator that is interested in helping us continue to innovate and build on our recruiting culture as we scale.
- Partner closely with recruiters and hiring managers to build a pipeline of high quality candidates for Engineering, Product Management, Product Design, User Experience and User Research
- Strategize different ways to build talent pipelines and execute on tactical research, referral generation, events and sourcing campaigns
- Track and report state of pipeline, recruiting funnel metrics and performance data to share with internal stakeholders
- Staying abreast of news in the tech startup space
- Represent the company with integrity and professionalism
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 3+ years of experience as a sourcer within an engineering and/or product organization
- Track record of sourcing and hiring passive candidates for Engineering and Product roles
- Experience in creative sourcing through multiple channels (web, social/professional networks, etc.)
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Hands-on experience with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) - We use Greenhouse
- Ability to maintain strong relationships with recruiters, hiring managers, and candidates
- Startup experience in a similarly sized company
- Ability to pivot in an always evolving environment while helping us build programs and identify areas of opportunity
- Experience mentoring and coaching other team members by operationalizing your success and spreading it company-wide.
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines*. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
More About Us
Thumbtack is a technology leader building the modern home management platform. Through the Thumbtack app, homeowners can effortlessly manage their homes — confidently knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. Bringing the $500 billion home services industry online, Thumbtack empowers millions of homeowners to fix, maintain, and improve their most valuable asset.
Founded in 2008, Thumbtack is backed by over $500 million in funding from folks that include Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford.
- See what it’s like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Discover our virtual first plan
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.