A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn’t come with a manual. That's why we’re building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes — knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $500B industry — we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We’re seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we’ll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 70 million projects started on Thumbtack
- More than 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- More than 8 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the IT Team:
Thumbtack’s IT team is passionate about focusing on operational excellence, whether that’s process improvements, automating the heck out of things, or helping find that next amazing app for our internal teams. We strive to deliver the best IT service our employees have experienced and you will be using your past experiences to help build a world-class IT department.
About The Role:
The IT Endpoint Engineering team at Thumbtack builds a trusted, secure, and engaging technology experience for Thumbtackers. We are looking for an IT Endpoint Engineer II to help scale and manage our global Mac, ChromeOS, Windows, and Linux environment.
- Responsible for creating software packages, deployment, patch management, and encryption in our global Mac, ChromeOS, Windows, and Linux environment
- Work with the IT Support teams to identify pain points and issues in the environment and then implement solutions to increase productivity for IT staff and end users
- Ongoing work with the Information Security team to identify and mitigate risks and threats to our fleet, as well as keep us to up to date on security standards and practices
- Support & review technical documentation of ongoing processes
- Collaborate and work with cross-functional teams to drive automation and efficiency
- Oversee inventory, purchasing, asset management, relationships with vendors and 3rd party providers
- Participate in interviewing, training and mentoring team members while working cross-functionally to represent the team across all groups and organization levels
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 3-5 years experience working on in an IT organization managing and deploying Mac, ChromeOS, Windows, and Linux machines
- Proven track record and experience with enterprise management solutions for Mac (JAMF's Mobile Device Management Suite is a must)
- Expert in macOS and iOS/Android
- Proven scripting skills to automate the pain away (bash, python)
- Experience managing hundreds of Macs at a public company and an expert with the tools used
- Strong knowledge of desktop security (anti-virus/firewall/patching/two-factor authentication)
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills; ability to make thoughtful proposals, provide alternatives, perform root cause analysis and demonstrate results through testing & metrics
- Experience with the following systems - Zendesk, Office 365, Zoom, Slack, Jira, Confluence, Azure AD, Microsoft Intune
- IT related degree or relevant certifications
- A leader with strong verbal and written skills that is hardworking, learns quickly and thrives in a fast paced environment
- A good sense of humor!
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
Benefits & Perks
- Virtual-first working model coupled with quarterly in-person events and Camp Thumbtack
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and Thumbtack services
- Cell phone and WiFi reimbursements
- Subscriptions and Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact email@example.com.