We’re the technology leader building the modern home management platform. Today, millions of people use Thumbtack to effortlessly manage their homes. We help them confidently know what to do, when to do it and who to hire.
Our goal is simple: to be the only platform homeowners need to fix, maintain and improve their homes. As a long-term partner for homeowners, our promise is to turn what was once confusing and intimidating into something straightforward — and a lot less stressful.
At Thumbtack, we're not just creating a new era of homeownership. We’re supporting local economies and building stronger communities. Each day, we connect local professionals across America with busy homeowners so they can grow their businesses.
Thumbtack is for everyone. Our customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Our North Star is bright and our ambitions are big. We’ve been at this for over a decade, but the way we see it: we’re just getting started.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available in all 3,143 U.S. counties.
- Nearly 4.5 million customers in the last 12 months
- Hundreds of thousands of local professionals on our platform
- 65 million projects started on Thumbtack
- Over 7.5 million 5-star reviews left for stellar pros
About the Team
As a Leader on our Trust and Safety Team, you will have the opportunity to work on some of Thumbtack Support's most interesting and challenging issues. You will support our front-line specialists on issues that are integral to Thumbtacks' mission and longevity by ensuring our marketplace standards and policies are upheld.
About the Role
You are an integral part of protecting the Thumbtack brand. You have a positive attitude and the willingness to help our users in whatever way possible within difficult situations. You thrive in ambiguity and are dedicated to helping users from problem to solution.
- Lead a team of frontline specialists in providing incredible support to customers with trust and safety concerns
- Coach and develop your team to investigate disputes between users to help reach a positive outcome
- Manage and mentor your team to develop to their full potential
- Help instill appropriate standards of customer support and service in some of the most sensitive situations and mitigate risk
- Create/lead Marketplace Trust and Safety projects essential to the success of the team and the integrity of the Thumbtack marketplace
- Willingness to jump on any new project/responsibility that comes up with a sense of determination.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 3+ Years in a leadership role
- Proven coaching abilities - your past team members want to follow you because you inspire and teach them to be better.
- Business acumen - ability to understand data and give recommendations.
- Strong problem solving skills and a natural talent for process improvement.
- Confident in their good judgement and decision making abilities- can navigate difficult situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong verbal communication, ability to establish a connection and trust with specialists and departmental leaders.
- Willingness to work during day, mid or graveyard shift and rotating rest days
- Strong preference on previous experience on a Trust and Safety, Fraud Prevention, or advanced Customer Support Team
- Legal Knowledge/Expertise
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines*. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
More About Us
Thumbtack is a technology leader building the modern home management platform. Through the Thumbtack app, homeowners can effortlessly manage their homes — confidently knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. Bringing the $500 billion home services industry online, Thumbtack empowers millions of homeowners to fix, maintain, and improve their most valuable asset.
Founded in 2008, Thumbtack is backed by over $500 million in funding from folks that include Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford.
- See what it’s like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Discover our virtual first plan
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.