We’re the technology leader building the modern home management platform. Today, millions of people use Thumbtack to effortlessly manage their homes. We help them confidently know what to do, when to do it and who to hire.
Our goal is simple: to be the only platform homeowners need to fix, maintain and improve their homes. As a long-term partner for homeowners, our promise is to turn what was once confusing and intimidating into something straightforward — and a lot less stressful.
At Thumbtack, we're not just creating a new era of homeownership. We’re supporting local economies and building stronger communities. Each day, we connect local professionals across America with busy homeowners so they can grow their businesses.
Thumbtack is for everyone. Our customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Our North Star is bright and our ambitions are big. We’ve been at this for over a decade, but the way we see it: we’re just getting started.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available in all 3,143 U.S. counties.
- Nearly 4.5 million customers in the last 12 months
- Hundreds of thousands of local professionals on our platform
- 65 million projects started on Thumbtack
- Over 7.5 million 5-star reviews left for stellar pros
About the Growth Marketing Team
We’re a team of digital marketers that create engaging campaigns across channels and we work closely with cross-functional partners (Brand, Product, Engineering, and Data Science) to drive growth on both sides of Thumbtack’s marketplace. We are nimble, and innovative and our team’s mission is to help customers solve their home care needs by discovering and using Thumbtack’s platform.
About the Role
We are looking for a marketing enthusiast and expert who has had experience working across multiple marketing functions - OTT, Paid Social, Influencer marketing etc. The ideal candidate is energetic and a self-starter willing to dig in and own the foundation of any marketing program. They can ramp up quickly and work effectively with little oversight and prioritize and manage their own work, clearly tying it to the goals of the larger team, and the business as a whole. If you are a marketing professional that prides themselves on having a breadth of expertise across performance and media marketing disciplines - this is the right role for you.
- Campaign Management - Own the optimization and day-to-day management of some of our core digital media channels - bid & budget management, target audience development & refinement, and creative iteration.
- Process Automation - Identify opportunities to automate processes, working with product, engineering, and analytics teams to build in-house paid marketing tools (e.x. audience automation, creative optimization, campaign building, performance reporting, and forecasting). Develop an effective optimization process to quickly identify and respond to changes in performance
- Data Analysis - Pull and analyze reports to extract insights and transform those insights into actionable changes that will improve performance. Work closely with the Analytics team to understand the performance of campaigns and tests; develop dashboards to monitor performance over time. Work with measurement partners to constantly evaluate channel incrementality and cost curves.
- Creative - Partner with the brand and creative teams to concept, produce, refine, and iterate thumb-stopping performance branding creative that tells our brand story while achieving KPIs
- Vendor Management - Partner with agencies, account partners, and other relevant vendors to monitor performance, explore new platform opportunities, secure access to beta features, and provide value to other Thumbtack teams.
- Communication and Collaboration - Communicate with cross-functional partners and leaders to share performance, insights, and new opportunities.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 3-5 years of direct experience managing performance and media marketing channels like Facebook, OTT, Linear TV, Affiliate, Youtube, Streaming Audio, Display, etc.
- Eager to learn and stretch across breadth of digital media marketing functions
- High attention to detail and the ability to set and hit aggressive project deadlines
- Ability to thrive within a fast-paced, high stakes but incredibly supportive Growth Marketing team
- Clear, concise communication style and comfort working with a diverse group of people
- Highly analytical and data driven with a strong proficiency in Excel/Google Sheets (pivot tables, vlookups).
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional growth teams across data science, marketing analytics, engineering, and creative teams
- Experience scaling OTT, Linear TV, and Streaming Audio
- Experience in a marketplace company and/or high-growth startup
- Experience testing new channels from scratch
- Experience handling upwards of $XXM yearly program budgets
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
More About Us
Thumbtack is a technology leader building the modern home management platform. Through the Thumbtack app, homeowners can effortlessly manage their homes — confidently knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. Bringing the $500 billion home services industry online, Thumbtack empowers millions of homeowners to fix, maintain, and improve their most valuable asset.
Founded in 2008, Thumbtack is backed by over $500 million in funding from folks that include Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford.
- See what it’s like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Discover our virtual first plan
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.