We’re the technology leader building the modern home management platform. Today, millions of people use Thumbtack to effortlessly manage their homes. We help them confidently know what to do, when to do it and who to hire.
Our goal is simple: to be the only platform homeowners need to fix, maintain and improve their homes. As a long-term partner for homeowners, our promise is to turn what was once confusing and intimidating into something straightforward — and a lot less stressful.
At Thumbtack, we're not just creating a new era of homeownership. We’re supporting local economies and building stronger communities. Each day, we connect local professionals across America with busy homeowners so they can grow their businesses.
Thumbtack is for everyone. Our customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Our North Star is bright and our ambitions are big. We’ve been at this for over a decade, but the way we see it: we’re just getting started.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available in all 3,143 U.S. counties.
- Nearly 4.5 million customers in the last 12 months
- Hundreds of thousands of local professionals on our platform
- 65 million projects started on Thumbtack
- Over 7 million 5-star reviews left for stellar pros
About the Communications Team
We’re a tight-knit, highly cross-functional team working to build Thumbtack’s brand. Our scope includes Public Relations, Internal Communications, Content, and Employer Brand. Together we work with partners from across the company to elevate our company, our product, our leaders, and our culture. We leverage data, customer/pro insights, and creative touchpoints so that internal and external stakeholders know, understand, and share the Thumbtack story.
About the Role
As our first-ever Senior Manager, Employer Brand, you’ll work collaboratively with leaders in Recruiting, DEI, Employee Experience, Brand, and Communications to establish Thumbtack as a virtual-first employer of choice. This role will own external campaigns as well as internal storytelling. You’ll develop and implement strategies and programs that tell the story of what it is like to work at Thumbtack. You’ll own projects from ideation to launch and measure what’s working and what’s not. Our new Senior Manager, Employer Brand will report to the VP, Communications with direct lines to our VP, Recruiting and VP, People.
- Lead strategy to build our Employer Brand aligned to our corporate positioning and talent strategies.
- Build a narrative that communicates our company’s business objectives, culture, and values to our employees, prospective employees, and the industry.
- Create content and build experiences that tells the story of why Thumbtack is a great place to work
- Partner with external agencies/consultants, internal teams, and Thumbtack leaders to establish Thumbtack as a virtual-first employer of choice.
- Partner with our Employee Experience and Internal Communications team to drive alignment and excitement for our Employer Brand internally
- Identify metrics to track and measure the impact of Employer Brand efforts and optimize priorities, programs, and plans accordingly
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 8+ years working in Employer Brand, Communications, Journalism, or Brand Marketing
- Demonstrated success leading Employer Brand programs, publishing content, raising executive profiles, and measuring results
- Passion for brand marketing, events, and content creation as well as curiosity about how to motivate candidates
- Adept in working cross-functionally to incorporate and act on feedback from stakeholders and senior leaders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Deep understanding of how voice and tone are essential to communications and brand perception.
- Proven ability to define objectives, strategies and tasks without waiting for top-down direction.
- An effective multi-tasker who navigates a fast-paced environment and changing priorities.
- Experience working in a startup or high-growth tech company
- Experience managing external agencies and/or contractors
- Experience in creative campaigns/events such as videos, webinars, influencer marketing, social media
More About Us
Thumbtack is a technology leader building the modern home management platform. Through the Thumbtack app, homeowners can effortlessly manage their homes — confidently knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. Bringing the $500 billion home services industry online, Thumbtack empowers millions of homeowners to fix, maintain, and improve their most valuable asset.
Founded in 2008, Thumbtack is backed by over $500 million in funding from folks that include Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford.
- See what it’s like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Discover our virtual first plan
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.