We’re the technology leader building the modern home management platform. Today, millions of people use Thumbtack to effortlessly manage their homes. We help them confidently know what to do, when to do it and who to hire.
Our goal is simple: to be the only platform homeowners need to fix, maintain and improve their homes. As a long-term partner for homeowners, our promise is to turn what was once confusing and intimidating into something straightforward — and a lot less stressful.
At Thumbtack, we're not just creating a new era of homeownership. We’re supporting local economies and building stronger communities. Each day, we connect local professionals across America with busy homeowners so they can grow their businesses.
Thumbtack is for everyone. Our customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Our North Star is bright and our ambitions are big. We’ve been at this for over a decade, but the way we see it: we’re just getting started.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available in all 3,143 U.S. counties.
- Nearly 4.5 million customers in the last 12 months
- Hundreds of thousands of local professionals on our platform
- 65 million projects started on Thumbtack
- Over 7 million 5-star reviews left for stellar pros
About the QA Team
Our QA team is integral in providing insight building, discovering knowledge gaps, and ensuring consistency in the Thumbtack standards. We spend time providing feedback so everyone can perform at their best.
About the Role
At Thumbtack, we live by the value of customer obsession. As a QA Analyst, you will make certain our team members and systems are providing the best customer experience to our pros and customers. Your primary mandate as QA Analyst is to review cases to identify trends, insights, and behaviors, and ensure they meet our standards. These cases could vary from actual customer interactions to decisions made by our machine learning program.
- Audit the required number of cases and interactions as assigned. Audit includes monitoring different interactions from voice to non-voice channels.
- Maintain a record of audits and evaluations done.
- Publish reports on collated audits and evaluations containing key insights that will help operations stakeholders improve overall program performance and service delivery.
- Attend or facilitate calibration sessions and quality meetings.
- Lead or take part in quality and process improvement related ad-hoc projects and analysis.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- At least 2 years of related experience in quality assurance in a sales environment.
- Excellent aptitude for research, navigation and investigation.
- Able to publish reports using quality and analytics tools.
- Proficient in the use of Google Forms, Sheets, Docs and Slides.
- Must be willing to work in shifting schedules including graveyard shifts.
- Thumbtack product knowledge is an advantage.
- Lean, Six Sigma or other process improvement and quality body of knowledge is an advantage but not required.
- Experience with Gong, Five9 or Qualtrics is an advantage but not required.
More About Us
Thumbtack is a technology leader building the modern home management platform. Through the Thumbtack app, homeowners can effortlessly manage their homes — confidently knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. Bringing the $500 billion home services industry online, Thumbtack empowers millions of homeowners to fix, maintain, and improve their most valuable asset.
Founded in 2008, Thumbtack is backed by over $500 million in funding from folks that include Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford.
- See what it’s like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Discover our virtual first plan
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.