We’re the technology leader building the modern home management platform. Today, millions of people use Thumbtack to effortlessly manage their homes. We help them confidently know what to do, when to do it and who to hire.
Our goal is simple: to be the only platform homeowners need to fix, maintain and improve their homes. As a long-term partner for homeowners, our promise is to turn what was once confusing and intimidating into something straightforward — and a lot less stressful.
At Thumbtack, we're not just creating a new era of homeownership. We’re supporting local economies and building stronger communities. Each day, we connect local professionals across America with busy homeowners so they can grow their businesses.
Thumbtack is for everyone. Our customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Our North Star is bright and our ambitions are big. We’ve been at this for over a decade, but the way we see it: we’re just getting started.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available in all 3,143 U.S. counties.
- Nearly 4.5 million customers in the last 12 months
- Hundreds of thousands of local professionals on our platform
- 65 million projects started on Thumbtack
- Over 7 million 5-star reviews left for stellar pros
About the Role
Today, millions of customers use Thumbtack to find and hire small businesses across the US. Named one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company, Thumbtack is a highly dynamic product that’s also building local economies and stronger communities. One of the key factors for our ongoing success is #CustomerObsession.
We focus on providing a great experience to our users and prioritizing the most important work first. We are looking for customer-obsessed team members who are engaged, innovative, and who will partner with our pros and customers from start to finish to resolve their concerns. We will train you on skills that will help convey the value of Thumbtack, empower you to help professionals build successful businesses, and assist customers to complete the projects central to their lives.
The Customer Success Specialist will be responsible for making sure that all professionals get best-in-class support whenever they contact Thumbtack’s Voice Customer Support channel. Delivering true consultative service and partnership will be vital to this role to ensure that every concern the professionals contact us about is a good representation of Thumbtack’s values and guidelines. By addressing their concerns correctly and accurately, we help set our professionals up for success.
- Handle concerns of our customers and pros through Voice channel
- Obsess over customers and pros by constantly focusing on solutions to their problems and concerns.
- Take the extra mile to engage customers
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies
- Provide accurate, valid, and complete information by using all the relevant resources and knowledge bases in addressing different user concerns
- Handle customer complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits; follow up to entire resolution
- Demonstrate ability to identify when help is needed in critical support times and take the initiative to resolve high wait times and provide a great customer experience
- Identify talking points for proactive support and a consultative support experience
- Strong customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of customer profiles
- Gather feedback about the platform, tools, processes and other matters that will help improve the overall Pro/Customer experience.
- Contribute as a team member by engaging in coaching sessions, team meetings, team building activities, and other team and company events
- Demonstrate accountability by meeting and exceeding monthly productivity, CSAT and Resolution Rate goals and by finding ways and means to improve KPIs, guidelines and processes.
- Uphold the values of Thumbtack
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- A good grasp of what it takes to provide great customer experience acquired through working in the BPO/shared services or related industry for at least 3 years. Preference for those who have worked in multi-channel accounts and experience in voice support is a must.
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong problem-solving skills and a confident attitude is required to anticipate and resolve customer needs.
- Ability to be resilient in handling difficult interactions, including expert de-escalation skills.
- Excellent critical and analytical thinking skills
- Willingness to work during day, mid or graveyard shift and rotating rest days (i.e. weekend shifts), as well as rendering overtime in case of volume surges.
- Comfortable navigating multiple systems and getting up to speed very quickly with all of our online tools
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced tech startup environment
More About Us
Thumbtack is a technology leader building the modern home management platform. Through the Thumbtack app, homeowners can effortlessly manage their homes — confidently knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. Bringing the $500 billion home services industry online, Thumbtack empowers millions of homeowners to fix, maintain, and improve their most valuable asset.
Founded in 2008, Thumbtack is backed by over $500 million in funding from folks that include Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford.
- See what it’s like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Discover our virtual first plan
While Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning employees have the flexibility to live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines, this role is closely aligned with our day-to-day Thumbtack library operations and is expected to report to the Thumbtack library in Manila on a regular cadence when it is safe to resume in-person operations. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Library use requires employees to be fully vaccinated.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.