We’re the technology leader building the modern home management platform. Today, millions of people use Thumbtack to effortlessly manage their homes. We help them confidently know what to do, when to do it and who to hire.
Our goal is simple: to be the only platform homeowners need to fix, maintain and improve their homes. As a long-term partner for homeowners, our promise is to turn what was once confusing and intimidating into something straightforward — and a lot less stressful.
At Thumbtack, we're not just creating a new era of homeownership. We’re supporting local economies and building stronger communities. Each day, we connect local professionals across America with busy homeowners so they can grow their businesses.
Thumbtack is for everyone. Our customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Our North Star is bright and our ambitions are big. We’ve been at this for over a decade, but the way we see it: we’re just getting started.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available in all 3,143 U.S. counties.
- Nearly 4.5 million customers in the last 12 months
- Hundreds of thousands of local professionals on our platform
- 65 million projects started on Thumbtack
- Over 7 million 5-star reviews left for stellar pros
About the Accounting Team
The Accounting Team is involved in all aspects of the business ensuring we properly capture, account for, and record all the activities that occur as they occur. We keep the books and records for the Company, help to ensure Thumbtack has appropriate policies and procedures in place, and provide the business with the information in order to make critical decisions in support of Thumbtack’s success.
About the Role
As the Senior Accounting Manager, you’ll have the exciting opportunity to work across the business interacting with business partners, management, and customers. You will manage the monthly close process, report to the assistant controller, and help manage financial reporting requirements. You’ll get to grow with a team and have team support while getting to make a huge impact on implementing new systems and processes and putting in place controls to aid the Company in maturing.
- Be responsible for month-end accounting close process, including posting journal entries, maintaining account reconciliations, and other reporting requirements to ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP, and external audits
- Support quarterly/yearly audits including the preparation and review of supporting reports and documentation, directly interact with external and internal auditors to ensure resolution of any issues and timely completion of the audit.
- Ensure revenue is accurately recorded, including appropriate revenue allocation. Manage revenue reconciliation through cross-functional collaboration with our Data and Product teams
- Assist with the implementation of ASC 842
- Participate in developing and maintaining strong internal controls, ensuring quality controls over all transactions and reporting as well as drive process improvements and scalable solutions
- Collaborate with various functional leaders within the Company to support the accounting close process and to drive trend analysis
- Assist in technical accounting and reporting research activities as well as other ad-hoc projects
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- A CPA with 8+ years of experience in accounting, including public accounting firm experience
- 4+ year degree in accounting
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to collaborate cross functionally
- Self-motivated- able to think independently, creatively, and opportunistically
- Strong analytical and organization skills, with impeccable attention to detail
- Experience with NetSuite is a plus
- Experience within a public company environment
- Experience working for a tech company
More About Us
Thumbtack is a technology leader building the modern home management platform. Through the Thumbtack app, homeowners can effortlessly manage their homes — confidently knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. Bringing the $500 billion home services industry online, Thumbtack empowers millions of homeowners to fix, maintain, and improve their most valuable asset.
Founded in 2008, Thumbtack is backed by over $500 million in funding from folks that include Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford.
- See what it’s like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Discover our virtual first plan
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.