We’re the technology leader building the modern home management platform. Today, millions of people use Thumbtack to effortlessly manage their homes. We help them confidently know what to do, when to do it and who to hire.
Our goal is simple: to be the only platform homeowners need to fix, maintain and improve their homes. As a long-term partner for homeowners, our promise is to turn what was once confusing and intimidating into something straightforward — and a lot less stressful.
At Thumbtack, we're not just creating a new era of homeownership. We’re supporting local economies and building stronger communities. Each day, we connect local professionals across America with busy homeowners so they can grow their businesses.
Thumbtack is for everyone. Our customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Our North Star is bright and our ambitions are big. We’ve been at this for over a decade, but the way we see it: we’re just getting started.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available in all 3,143 U.S. counties.
- Nearly 4.5 million customers in the last 12 months
- Hundreds of thousands of local professionals on our platform
- 65 million projects started on Thumbtack
- Over 7 million 5-star reviews left for stellar pros
About the Growth Marketing Team
The Growth Marketing team at Thumbtack is an important lever of growth for the company, responsible for acquiring and retaining pros and customers on Thumbtack via SEO, SEM, paid acquisition, and engagement channels. The Growth Marketing team is embedded in a larger highly cross-functional Growth org with Engineering, PM, and Analytics resources to help support its efforts.
About the Role
The Growth Marketing team is looking for an Engagement Marketing Manager to help oversee our pro engagement strategy across planning, execution, and analysis.
As the Engagement Marketing Manager, you will need to have a deep understanding of Thumbtack’s pro lifecycle stages and craft a messaging strategy that will help guide pros through their interactions with customers and Thumbtack. You’ll work cross-functionally with a variety of partners throughout the product development org to drive pro retention and engagement through multiple communications channels.
- Own the growth of our engagement channels, managing a roadmap of campaign ideas and experiments to hit quarterly business goals, along with use of qualitative and quantitative data to inform campaign decisions
- Work with our Brand, Product, and Product Marketing teams on crafting compelling creative briefs and overall messaging strategy
- Build a multi-channel/omnichannel pro engagement strategy across email, push, in-app messaging, and other marketing channels
- Manage engagement campaigns calendar and project timelines
- Run A/B tests across campaigns/channels to identify key levers of growth that we can scale across the program
- Compile learnings/insights from engagement experiments and share out with XFN partners
- Monitor campaign performance and share readouts on a regular cadence with team
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 3-5+ years of marketing experience, preferably in lifecycle/engagement marketing
- Experience working with ESPs and/or an engagement marketing tool (Iterable experience a plus)
- Expertise in email marketing best practices (other marketing channels a plus)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with email HTML/CSS
- Demonstrated cross-functional partnership and project management experience
- Strong knowledge of A/B testing best practices
- Technical knowledge of engagement marketing tools and data integration
- Prior experience in scaling multichannel/omnichannel marketing messaging programs
- Familiarity with marketing attribution and incrementality testing
More About Us
Thumbtack is a technology leader building the modern home management platform. Through the Thumbtack app, homeowners can effortlessly manage their homes — confidently knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. Bringing the $500 billion home services industry online, Thumbtack empowers millions of homeowners to fix, maintain, and improve their most valuable asset.
Founded in 2008, Thumbtack is backed by over $500 million in funding from folks that include Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford.
- See what it’s like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Discover our virtual first plan
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.