We’re the technology leader building the modern home management platform. Today, millions of people use Thumbtack to effortlessly manage their homes. We help them confidently know what to do, when to do it and who to hire.
Our goal is simple: to be the only platform homeowners need to fix, maintain and improve their homes. As a long-term partner for homeowners, our promise is to turn what was once confusing and intimidating into something straightforward — and a lot less stressful.
At Thumbtack, we're not just creating a new era of homeownership. We’re supporting local economies and building stronger communities. Each day, we connect local professionals across America with busy homeowners so they can grow their businesses.
Thumbtack is for everyone. Our customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Our North Star is bright and our ambitions are big. We’ve been at this for over a decade, but the way we see it: we’re just getting started.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available in all 3,143 U.S. counties.
- Nearly 4.5 million customers in the last 12 months
- Hundreds of thousands of local professionals on our platform
- 65 million projects started on Thumbtack
- Over 7 million 5-star reviews left for stellar pros
About the Technical Program Management Team
Technical Program Management partners with all areas of the business and development teams to drive our portfolio of technical projects and programs from conception and planning through implementation and ongoing lifecycle management. It’s our mission to help all of Thumbtack get more done through technology solutions and cross-functional coordination.
About the Role
As a Senior Technical Program Manager for Finance & HR, you are a critical partner and subject matter expert for all teams within the G&A organization (Finance Controller, FP&A, HR, Recruiting, Legal, and Workplace). You will work closely with these teams, their leaders, and our technical staff to design, implement, and refine business tools and processes, and to provide close support to ensure business continuity, give critical insight, and improve effectiveness.
- Partner with G&A teams and tech leads to drive quarterly and annual planning and identify, define, prioritize, resource, and track objectives, key results, initiatives, and strategic opportunities
- Collaborate with G&A and development teams to define comprehensive requirements, come up with viable, scalable, future-proof solutions, and translate them into actionable project plans and tasks
- Utilize agile project management framework and techniques to plan, document, and manage initiatives from conception through delivery and closure
- Keep cross-functional stakeholders, contributors, executives, and other interested parties engaged, aligned on strategy and involvement, and up-to-date on project status and relevant details
- Work closely with Analytics, Finance, HR, Legal, IT, Security, and relevant leadership to ensure data integrity, security, governance, and scalability
- Ensure proper project closure by troubleshooting and resolving outstanding issues after launch, confirming solutions are in an acceptable state, and evaluating outcomes against objectives
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years of relevant experience in the field
- Expert in agile project management, prioritization methodologies, and the software project lifecycle (design, build, test, release, feedback)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; able to make thoughtful proposals, provide root cause analysis and demonstrate results
- Ability to proficiently work with and manage technical projects related to the following:
- Financial systems (i.e. Netsuite, Adaptive Insights, Coupa)
- HR systems (i.e. Workday HCM, ADP)
- SaaS/cloud-based technologies and integrations
- Well versed in Finance and HR business processes and financial close, with the related ecosystems expertise and security and compliance knowhow to enable them (including system rules, workflows, formulas, customization, SOX, PCI, etc.)
- Outstanding communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Ability to both think strategically at the program level and be hands on in day-to-day action
- Previous experience working in Finance or HR
- Experience working with Salesforce, Concur, Greenhouse, Ironclad, and other Finance, HR, or Legal technologies
- Basic understanding of programming, data management, APIs
More About Us
Thumbtack is a technology leader building the modern home management platform. Through the Thumbtack app, homeowners can effortlessly manage their homes — confidently knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. Bringing the $500 billion home services industry online, Thumbtack empowers millions of homeowners to fix, maintain, and improve their most valuable asset.
Founded in 2008, Thumbtack is backed by over $500 million in funding from folks that include Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford.
- See what it’s like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Discover our virtual first plan
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.