Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, you shouldn’t have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
These customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers and pros.
About the Recruiting Team
Our mission as a Recruiting team is to find, attract and secure the right people for Thumbtack Philippines, while always providing an exceptional candidate experience.
About the Role
Our Sourcing Specialist is our resident expert in building a healthy recruiting talent pipeline for roles as diverse as front-line support specialists, hard-to-find subject matter experts, to senior-level leaders. You bring a creative and thoughtful approach to finding and attracting the talents that we need to build a world-class team in our shared services operations in Manila. You excel in partnering effectively with our recruiters and hiring managers in understanding our talent needs, and finding and attracting these talents using both traditional and non-traditional sourcing approaches.
- Stakeholder management and partnership
- Work closely with recruiters and hiring managers to deeply understand the requirements of the role, the function and how it fits into the organization.
- Collaborate with recruiters in identifying effective and creative strategies that will attract the right talents.
- Talent mapping and prospecting
- Stay abreast of the availability and quality of talents in the Philippine market, specifically within the industries that are relevant to the roles we’re looking to fill which includes the tech start-up and shared services space.
- Generate prospective candidates for open job requisitions as well as build a pool of qualified talents for future hiring needs by creating robust talent market maps.
- Find, engage, and activate passive candidates through online methods like LinkedIn, Google, and boolean sourcing, as well as offline approaches like organizing and/or attending recruiting and networking events.
- Leverage on external strategic partners to help promote our employer brand and as a means to generate talent maps and prospective candidates.
- Social media recruiting
- Expand the company’s online presence by managing the careers pages, social media pages/profiles, and all recruitment-related sites by creating and publishing job advertisement and other recruitment marketing-related content on a regular basis
- Collaborate with our US counterparts to ensure that all our social media marketing efforts are aligned and consistent with our global brand marketing principles and practices.
- Support inbound sourcing activities
- Work with peers within the Recruiting team in assessing and ensuring that inbound sourcing channels are generating the expected volume and quality of inbound candidates.
- Support the recruiters in screening CVs from various inbound sourcing channels when needed.
- Tracking and analysis
- Track and use metrics and pipeline activity data to intelligently guide sourcing efforts.
- Track sourcing investments and assess the quality of each sourcing channel or initiative to ensure that we invest in the right tools and approaches.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- Must have at least 3 years of professional experience in sourcing, with a strong understanding of the tech, shared/services, outsourcing or similar industries.
- Expert in a variety of sourcing tools and techniques, both online and offline.
- A good eye for talent and strong intuition for technical abilities and culture-fit
- Impeccable verbal and written English communication skills.
- Ability to maintain strong relationships with recruiters, hiring managers, and candidates.
- Highly resourceful, creative and analytical.
- Social media recruiting experience is definitely a plus
- Ability to track sourcing data and make use of this to inform sourcing strategies
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, electricians, personal trainers, even math tutors. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $400 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
- See what it’s like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Virtual first is here to stay
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.