Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, you shouldn’t have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
These customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers and pros.
About the Product Marketing Team
Product Marketing champions the needs of our users internally throughout the product development cycle, and creates a compelling narrative for the product externally. We generate insights to identify differentiated positioning and messaging for new and existing features. And we develop and execute go-to-market plans that drive comprehension and adoption of those features and Thumbtack.
About the Role
Thumbtack relies on our stellar sales team to continue to attract the best professionals in their respective industries. But they rely on this sales marketer for a strong pitch that is well-told across all of our touch points to make a pro’s investment with us a no-brainer.
- Identify personas and create the user journey for professionals as they move through various touchpoints in the sales funnel
- Develop and execute sales campaigns, including: audience segmentation, creative development, and campaign operations
- Enable the sales team by facilitating trainings and creating new content, such as case studies, event advertising, collateral and webinars
- Regularly report out on campaign performance, and test optimizations to cadence, channel, and content strategies
- Partner with Business Operations and Sales Management to roll out lead strategies and test new lead sources.
- Identify new processes and tools that will increase marketing automation, improve efficiency, and reduce the manual workload of our agents
- Provide critical input on the impact of new products and features on our sales marketing funnel, and keep campaigns up to date with our product narrative and value proposition
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- Bachelor degree
- 4+ years of experience in a marketing role, including 2+ years of experience using Salesforce, Pardot or a marketing CRM
- Track record of managing complex, cross-functional projects to a successful outcome
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile environment, but also help build scalable and sustainable processes
- Experience with analyzing data and effectively communicating insights
- Strong ability to build and nurture relationships across the sales and marketing organizations
- Track record of creating engaging marketing campaigns and strategic marketing assets, including the ability to write copy for one-to-one sales emails and outline key messaging for marketing collateral
- Experience working with small businesses and/or a passion for small businesses and helping them succeed
- Experience scaling a sales marketing function in a growing organization
- Pardot/Salesforce automation experience a major plus
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, electricians, personal trainers, even math tutors. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $400 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
- See what it’s like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Virtual first is here to stay
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.