Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, you shouldn’t have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
These customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers and pros.
About the Product Team
Our product team is small but mighty. We partner with engineering, design, analytics and more to craft a marketplace that delivers over a billion dollars in business to our pros while helping millions of customers get their projects done each year.
About the Role
Do you want to work in a highly collaborative environment to reinvent how a large piece of the local economy works? We’re looking for a product manager to partner with engineers and designers to develop great solutions for Thumbtack’s customers and professionals. You’ll work on a variety of projects across the product with a diverse set of team members.
Remote until at least July 2021
- Partner with engineers, designers, analysts and data scientists to ideate, prioritize and deliver great solutions for our customers and professionals
- Define and analyze key metrics to inform decision-making and measure success
- Conduct user research and lightweight tests to scope and prioritize product initiatives
- Coordinate within your team and among teams at Thumbtack to ensure understanding of and alignment around projects
- Wear many hats and be key organizational glue
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 4+ years of product management experience building consumer web/mobile products
- Excellent user-centric design and product sense
- Excellent analytical skills to break down and solve complex problems
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent business judgement
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Experience working in a marketplace business
- Experience working at a high-growth startup
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $400 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
In the course of the job application process, we may collect the following categories of PI for the purposes of evaluating you as a job applicant:
- Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, driver’s license number, passport number, social security number, or other similar identifiers;
- Professional or employment-related information.
We will not collect any additional categories of personal information or use your personal information collected for any other purpose without providing you with additional notice consistent with the CCPA.