Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, you shouldn’t have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
These customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers and pros.
About the Trust and Safety Team
As a Leader on our Trust and Safety Team, you will have the opportunity to work on some of Thumbtack Support's most interesting and challenging issues. You will support our front-line specialists on issues that are integral to Thumbtacks' mission and longevity by ensuring our marketplace standards and policies are upheld.
About the Role
You are an integral part of protecting the Thumbtack brand. You have a positive attitude and the willingness to help our specialists in whatever way possible to resolve difficult situations. You like to lead people and focus on their own unique opportunities and objectives.
Remote through at least July 2021
- Lead a team of frontline specialists in providing incredible support to customers with trust and safety concerns
- Coach and develop your team to investigate disputes between users to help reach a positive outcome
- Manage and mentor your team to develop to their full potential
- Help instill appropriate standards of customer support and service in some of the most sensitive situations and mitigate risk
- Create/lead MTS projects essential to the success of the team and the integrity of the Thumbtack marketplace
- Willingness to jump on any new project/responsibility that comes up with a sense of determination.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 3+ Years in a leadership role (please do not apply if you do not have leadership experience)
- Proven coaching abilities - your past team members want to follow you because you inspire and teach them to be better.
- Business acumen - ability to understand data and give recommendations.
- Strong problem solving skills and a natural talent for process improvement.
- Confident in their good judgement and decision making abilities- can navigate difficult situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong verbal communication, ability to establish a connection and trust with specialists and departmental leaders.
- Fluent in Spanish or Portuguese
- Previous experience on a Trust and Safety, Fraud Prevention, or advanced Customer Support Team
- Legal Knowledge/Expertise
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $400 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.