Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, you shouldn’t have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Thumbtack Philippines provides customer support, marketplace trust and safety operations, product support, and various knowledge and shared services support for our internal teams globally. If joining one of Silicon Valley’s top tech startup companies and being part of a world-class team in Manila sounds like a good career move for you, then come check out this job role we’re hiring for.
About the Role
The Customer Success Specialist will be responsible for making sure that all professionals get best-in-class support whenever they contact Thumbtack’s non-voice Customer Support channels (SMS, Email and Chat). Delivering true consultative service and partnership will be vital to this role to ensure that every concern the professionals contact us about is a good representation of Thumbtack’s values and guidelines. By addressing their concerns correctly and accurately, we help set our professionals up for success.
- You will help provide a seamless experience for our pros and help set them up for success.
- Ensure that all non-voice contacts from professionals who use Thumbtack are addressed according to the company guidelines and within agreed service levels.
- As part of the Philippines CX Operations and with direct guidance from the global Customer Success group, you will gain trust by providing best-in-class customer service and using good judgement for all non-voice contacts processed and highlighting trends as necessary.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Consult and coach high-value Thumbtack Professionals by partnering with them. Our agents will coach professionals how to market their business by solving their concerns that will set them up for long-term success on the platform
- Obsess over customers and professionals by constantly focusing on solutions and guiding professionals to maximize their engagement and experience with Thumbtack
- Continuously gather and communicate feedback about the customer, professional, and product.
- Contribute as a team member by engaging in team meetings, team building activities and to maintain Thumbtack culture
- Demonstrate accountability by meeting monthly productivity and QA goals, and by finding ways and means to improve KPIs, guidelines and processes.
Qualifications & Educational Background
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- Excellent written communication skills are a priority to work with our pros and customers through inbound non-voice channels: SMS, email, and chat.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a confident attitude is required to anticipate and resolve customer needs.
- Ability to be resilient in handling difficult interactions, including expert de-escalation skills.
- A good grasp of what it takes to provide great customer experience acquired through working in the BPO/shared services or related industry for at least 2 years. Plus points for those who have worked in non-voice accounts and have at least 6 months exposure to SMS, Email, and Chat support.
- Willingness to work during day, mid or graveyard shift and rotating rest days (i.e. weekend shifts), as well as rendering overtime in case of volume surges.
- Comfortable navigating multiple systems and getting up to speed very quickly with all of our online tools
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced tech startup environment
- Experience using Salesforce and Teleopti is preferred but not required
- This is a fixed-term employment for 7 months
If you think you fit the bill, you may share with us your profile by applying to this job.